Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 AM

894 posts, read 1,126,685 times

Advertisements

Jamar Pinkney Sr. and his ex-wife Lazette Cherry had a 15 year old son, Jamar Pinkney Jr.

Jamar Jr. admitted to his Mother that he had molested his 3 year old half sister (his Mom's daughter with her new husband).

Lazette Cherry called her ex-husband, Jamar Sr., and told him what their son had confessed to her. Jamar Sr. arrived at her home to speak with their son. He brought a gun with him.

He pistol-whipped the boy, made him strip naked, marched him outside to a vacant lot next to the house where he made the boy kneel on his knees while he shot his own son in the head execution style.

Father Kills Son for Molesting Sister
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Here's an update to the story;

The Father has been sentenced to 37 to 80 years in prison.

Breaking News: April 15 - Father kills son for molesting 3-year-old (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=7388052 - broken link)

Old 04-16-2010, 08:23 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
That is disturbing.

Not to justify the kids actions (or the fathers for that matter), but the story states "inappropriate contact" by the 15 year old. Hard to say what that is, but to speculate, I don't think it was a severe action by its mention (if it was rape, or similar forced conduct, you would think they would note such).

If it were a severe action as I noted, I could understand some emotional distress from the father to commit such an action, not justifying it certainly, but understand it.

Yet if it were a mild abuse as the article suggests, the boy is 15 and could have been possibly corrected in his behavior growing up to be a normal person who acted stupidly as a child.

Death as punishment for this minor due to the circumstances is rather severe and I find the manner in which the father conducted his crime to be even more disturbing.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 AM

I agree with you. In other articles I've read about it the Mother said that her son admitted to "humping on her" ... not sure what all that entails.

There really hasn't been a lot of details as to the type/degree of molestation/contact that took place. A little boy, just 15 years old, is dead as a result. The Father of the boy isn't the Father of the 3 yr old girl.

The Father (Jamar Sr.) was a US Postal worker with no criminal record. One can only imagine what must have ran through his mind at the time.

I have a 14 year old son, and could not ever imagine killing my child. This is such a horribly sad, and disturbing story.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Makes you wonder how much abuse the 15 year old endured, many pedophiles were abused themselves as children. How many of mom's lovers might have done the same to him and now one has killed him. Maybe when the mom is more intent on having men in her life, the child custody should be given to the fathers. When fathers are given custody, there are less problems of abuse of the children because it's mom's new men who pose the most risk.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute
Makes you wonder how much abuse the 15 year old endured, many pedophiles were abused themselves as children.
That's a good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute
and now one has killed him
The man that killed this boy was the boy's own Father. His Father, however, was NOT the Father of the 3 year old girl.

The boy's Father, thought he was protecting the rights of his ex-wife's 3 year old daughter (no relation to him).

IMO, the Father's actions were extreme.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
This is beyond comment, except for the sentence.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
The father got what he deserted and I'll bet it wasn't the first time he lost his tempter with his son. There was probably mental, physical and/or sexual abuse in the family and the son he killed was a victim. He learned his inappropriate behavior some where. As the poster above said, "many pedophiles were abused themselves as children."

Old 04-16-2010, 09:12 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
What's the whining for? It sounds like two crooks got what they deserved. Also, that family doesn't have limp along broken anymore. Sounds like a win to me.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I agree with you. In other articles I've read about it the Mother said that her son admitted to "humping on her" ... not sure what all that entails.

There really hasn't been a lot of details as to the type/degree of molestation/contact that took place. A little boy, just 15 years old, is dead as a result. The Father of the boy isn't the Father of the 3 yr old girl.

The Father (Jamar Sr.) was a US Postal worker with no criminal record. One can only imagine what must have ran through his mind at the time.

I have a 14 year old son, and could not ever imagine killing my child. This is such a horribly sad, and disturbing story.
A 15 year old is not a little boy.
I don't know enough about the rest of the story to comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies