U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2010, 11:49 AM

41,267 posts, read 24,988,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This thread is about the fact that there are more than fifteen threads on the tea party movement currently in a single forum. And many could be consolidated. I'm not the "thread police" at all, and it doesn't matter what impact it has on anyone's life. I have just as much right as anyone to make the comment. You don't have any reason to personally attack other posters.
Why start a thread about it? Just alert the Mods to duplicates and they will get to them when they are able.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:54 AM

29,210 posts, read 11,831,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah but did you start a thread complaining about all the Palin threads by your comrades?

My point: report duplicates and the Mods will merge. If they don't think it a duplicate, they leave it up.

Not all threads having to do with the Tea Party are duplicates.
A. Comrades? What are you implying, sanrene?

B. I don't even know who the political moderators are anymore, and I'm sure the duplicate threads have been reported, yet nothing has been done, and in fact the plethora of threads on the tea party movement continue to grow.

C. Why are some posters being so defensive? Fifteen threads, none of you think that any of them are addressing the same issues?

D. As in the Palin threads, some of these threads are started by supporters and some by dissers. My point, is that fifteen is a lot, especially when the same subject matter is being rehashed in some of them, and many of them evolve to being about the same subject matter anyway. Just like the healthcare threads got merged, the tea party threads need to be merged as well.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:56 AM

16,433 posts, read 9,586,941 times
Let's just close all threads on the tea party, Obama and health insurance. Then the politics section might become interestingl again

Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Why start a thread about it? Just alert the Mods to duplicates and they will get to them when they are able.
I started a thread because the squeaky wheel attracts attention. A thread about something will make it more of a priority than a backlog of reports. Since the proliferation of tea party threads has been going on all week, it seemed to me to be a good idea.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 AM

3,858 posts, read 3,962,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Let's just close all threads on the tea party, Obama and health insurance. Then the politics section might become interestingl again
.. or limit all posters to one post or brain-fart per day.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
A. Comrades? What are you implying, sanrene?

B. I don't even know who the political moderators are anymore, and I'm sure the duplicate threads have been reported, yet nothing has been done, and in fact the plethora of threads on the tea party movement continue to grow.

C. Why are some posters being so defensive? Fifteen threads, none of you think that any of them are addressing the same issues?

D. As in the Palin threads, some of these threads are started by supporters and some by dissers. My point, is that fifteen is a lot, especially when the same subject matter is being rehashed in some of them, and many of them evolve to being about the same subject matter anyway. Just like the healthcare threads got merged, the tea party threads need to be merged as well.
Comrades = another word for friend.

As you know, the Mods are not on here 24 hours a day. Report those you think are duplicates and they will be merged.

I have no problem with a TP sticky.

Quote:
I started a thread because the squeaky wheel attracts attention. A thread about something will make it more of a priority than a backlog of reports. Since the proliferation of tea party threads has been going on all week, it seemed to me to be a good idea.
Unless someone reports YOUR thread, the Mods might not see it or be aware of it. I doubt they read every thread in the forum.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM

1,313 posts, read 880,484 times
TYVM
I was just noticing the same thing.
It seems the Tea party group has accomplished part of their goal.
They're being noticed

Old 04-16-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Comrades = another word for friend.

As you know, the Mods are not on here 24 hours a day. Report those you think are duplicates and they will be merged.

I have no problem with a TP sticky.
Well then, comrade, we'll see what happens. Thanks for the heads-up about the moderators. If I have some other questions, may I DM you? As I said earlier, the moderators that I knew from when I joined city-data seem to have all gone away, so it's nice having a friend in the know.

PS. you edited your post after I responded, but actually, I was hoping a thread entitled "Moderators need to merge threads" would actually attract their attention. I realize they don't have time to read all the threads.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Well then, comrade, we'll see what happens. Thanks for the heads-up about the moderators. If I have some other questions, may I DM you? As I said earlier, the moderators that I knew from when I joined city-data seem to have all gone away, so it's nice having a friend in the know.

PS. you edited your post after I responded, but actually, I was hoping a thread entitled "Moderators need to merge threads" would actually attract their attention. I realize they don't have time to read all the threads.
"Comrade" would not apply to me in this case.

You don't need to be an "insider" (which is what you implying) to realize the mods are not on here 24/7/365.

Also, you don't need to be an "insider" (which is what you were implying) to realize that NOT all threads one might report as a duplicate actually ARE a duplicate.

Also, you don't need to be an "insider" (which is what you were implying) to realize WHO the active Mods on the forum are.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
"Comrade" would not apply to me in this case.

You don't need to be an "insider" (which is what you implying) to realize the mods are not on here 24/7/365.

Also, you don't need to be an "insider" (which is what you were implying) to realize that NOT all threads one might report as a duplicate actually ARE a duplicate.

Also, you don't need to be an "insider" (which is what you were implying) to realize WHO the active Mods on the forum are.
I think of you as a comrade (friend, that's what you said.) I'm heartbroken that you don't think of me as a friend, given the many exchanges, both positive and negative, that we've had in these forums.

I wasn't implying anything. You clearly had more knowledge than I about this, I was giving you kudos for that. As a friend. Applauding you. I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.