Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:50 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It does provide opportunities, doesn't it?
maybe for the strong of heart with an extended time frame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Do you expect asset deflation before the inflation REALLY gets pumped in?
All debt is money. Personal debt is sliding corporate debt is sliding public debt is the only thing keeping total debt going up. With the fraud charges against GS debt will be harder to get. Or credit will be. Total debt should be falling very shortly. Now they are going to be printing money to try and stop this so as they print money gold will go up relative to the dollar. This will look like inflation but it will be happening in a deflationary environment. Higher consumer prices and asset deflation and gold going up. That is what I see. Take it for what it is worth.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:58 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
wait a second. NO ONE IS SAYING THERE IS NO NEED FOR FINANCIAL REFOREM

What is being said is that smart reform is needed not over burdened over arching reform.
Saying (really screaming) no without a proposal themselves, or a timeline for developing one of their own, is pretty well saying there is no need for it. It's killing the idea with apathy. When people say no and offer an alternative, then I will believe it.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
As much as many of you would like to see that, I am quite sure you will be disappointed, again.
http://www.deforestmcduff.com/Market/0703/dow-to-gold.gif (broken link)
http://www.visualizingeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/DJIA_History.png (broken link)

Two different looks at the history of the dow. The fed is trying to inflate the dow against what will be. In gold the dow is headed for less than 1 OZ of gold to buy the dow. What the dollar value is doesn't matter. That is just a function of how badly they inflate the dollar.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Citi is still in the undervalued range....that company is really making positive steps, problem is that it follows the ebs and tides of the financial market in general.

Hell, BOA posted favorable profits that beat projections, and they still lost almost 5%.

Gotta love the stock market, pricing based on absolutely nothing other then speculation.
The banking system as a hole is insolvent. So they are all over valued.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Fundamentally you are wrong. Take a look at the P/E ratios. http://www.deforestmcduff.com/Market/0611/historical-pe-ratio.jpg (broken link) Where are we now and in all of history how much time have we spent above where we are now and how much time have we spent below?

S&P 500 PE Ratio Analysis for March 2010

Ken

Old 04-16-2010, 02:06 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It went sideways, priced in gold. Well, maybe up 0.5 ounces per index share.
As if I CARE what the price of gold is.
I don't get PAID in gold - nor do I BUY stuff in gold.
The price of gold is irrelevant.

Ken

Old 04-16-2010, 02:08 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Saying (really screaming) no without a proposal themselves, or a timeline for developing one of their own, is pretty well saying there is no need for it. It's killing the idea with apathy. When people say no and offer an alternative, then I will believe it.
... the same thing was said about republicans during the healthcare deal.

but they had 5 or 6 proposals.

so you suggesting that republicans dont have a plan dont mean it aint so.

I have watched several republicans give outlines of the kind of reform that is needed.

and i appologize for screaming but talking quitely doesnt seem to work.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
The banking system as a hole is insolvent. So they are all over valued.
If I were you, I would stay out of bank stocks. But, again, if I were you, I wouldn't make any money on them. I do expect I will, relatively quickly.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Fraud by GS? How can we not have some Congressional action of Wall Street?

News Headlines
What I don't understand is why there aren't there hordes of angry citizens surrounding their buildings with signs, bricks and assault rifles?

Or is everyone still waiting for the inevitable tax increases on the the general public to pay for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies