Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times

Advertisements

Some of the the Tea Partiers don't even know they are being used by big business. First and foremost among the puppet masters is Koch Industries, the largest privately-held energy company in the country, who helped found such niceties as the John Birch Society, Freedom Works, et al.

Lemmings off a cliff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:35 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Every bill is scanned over by lawyers, and I'd say 99% of them that pass, are constitutional. With the broad view we have of the Constitution today, almost anything is legal. Silly rule.

Why would cap and trade increase unemployment? We are falling behind other nations in green energy, because we don't have a national policy on carbon emissions.

That, and people keep telling you that gas is so much cheaper than anything else. Do you really think we'd be in Iraq, if it weren't for oil? We wouldn't have to fight terrorists with as much as we do, because they wouldn't have the money to attack. Iran wouldn't have the money for a Nuclear bomb, if we weren't dependent on oil.

So, when you factor in Wars, foreign policy, and our soldiers lives, is oil really that much cheaper?

I do agree we need to have an amendment for a balanced budget, but requiring a 2/3 majority for a tax hike, would be the death of this country.

There would also need to be a stipulation that, during times of war, taxes should be raised to pay for the war, but we can go into debt to pay for the war in its immediate need. After the war, taxes should remain higher, until the war debt is paid in full.

Agree, flat tax, across the board. Everyone pay 20% of their income, rich, poor, middle class, everyone. No other federal taxes.

So you want to create more government?

Unrealistic. The government has to think ahead of the curve of inflation. We would have never gone to the moon, developed the internet, or lots of other things if that happened.

No, fix some of the issues in the healthcare bill, but repeal, and not funding it aren't real options.

I'll put this in caps, so you understand it

WE DON'T HAVE PROVEN RESERVES TO FUEL OUR ECONOMY, FOR EVEN ONE YEAR

Now, if you want to start using natural gas, and coal, good. However, we should also be involved, heavily, in the search for a cheap, reliable, solar panel, wind, tidal, and nuclear. Thats the future, not fossil fuels.

We spend 700 billion dollars on foreign oil, every year. Thats money that doesn't come back, it goes away. Domestic energy will fix this, but oil is old news. Even the oil industry said, if ALL of the restrictions were removed on them today, it would take 10 years before a single drop of oil would get to the market, and they don't know if there is more out there to get.

Just ban earmarks, and be done with it.

No, we need to raise taxes to pay down the debt. Tea Party members are polled as supporting 90% of the budget, as it is today. We should lower our military spending, then repeal the Bush tax cuts, that obviously didn't work, and pay down the debt.

Then, after the debt is paid off, we start talking about repealing tax hikes.

This is what I don't get, Tea Party members are all about lowering taxes, and paying down the debt. You can't do both.

And I totally disagree with the "death tax". I think that all money over 250,000 thats inherited by a relative, should be taxed at 75%. Your daddy may have worked for his money, but you didn't. Put it back in the system, and work to make your own way.
Exactly! People, especially tea-party people have poor math skills.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM

289 posts, read 311,193 times
Fine, I'll bite on one:

Quote:
7. Defund, Repeal, & Replace Government-run Health Care

Defund, repeal and replace the recently passed government-run health care with a system that actually makes health care and insurance more affordable by enabling a competitive, open, and transparent free-market health care and health insurance system that isn’t restricted by state boundaries. (56.39%)
Why are they making distinctions between "recently passed" and currently-run? Gee, I wonder....

Second, the recent bill does not institute health care that is "government-run". Are you getting your care from a gov doctor? No. Is the gov choosing your doctor for you? No. Are you paying your premium to the gov? No. Is the gov legislating your treatment? No. Government-run, indeed.....

Third, regarding this section:

Quote:
enabling a competitive, open, and transparent free-market health care and health insurance system that isn’t restricted by state boundaries.
Why are the tea partiers so anti- states' rights on this issue? Apparently the rights of states don't include regulating who does business in their state and the conditions under which they do so. Who knew?

Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
This is what I don't get, Tea Party members are all about lowering taxes, and paying down the debt. You can't do both.

Well, there is one approach that would work. I admit it's radical, so that's probably why you didn't consider it. CUT SPENDING!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Once you take government out of the picture, corporations not people, rule.
It's that simple.
Like the Coal mine in West Virginia

Old 04-16-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Some of the the Tea Partiers don't even know they are being used by big business. First and foremost among the puppet masters is Koch Industries, the largest privately-held energy company in the country, who helped found such niceties as the John Birch Society, Freedom Works, et al.

Lemmings off a cliff.
Dick Armey and Freedomworks will be so proud of them

Old 04-16-2010, 12:29 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Once you take government out of the picture, corporations not people, rule.
It's that simple.
How do you think any of the points listed take government out of the picture?

Old 04-16-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfor View Post
Fine, I'll bite on one:

Why are they making distinctions between "recently passed" and currently-run? Gee, I wonder....

Second, the recent bill does not institute health care that is "government-run". Are you getting your care from a gov doctor? No. Is the gov choosing your doctor for you? No. Are you paying your premium to the gov? No. Is the gov legislating your treatment? No. Government-run, indeed.....

Third, regarding this section:

Why are the tea partiers so anti- states' rights on this issue? Apparently the rights of states don't include regulating who does business in their state and the conditions under which they do so. Who knew?
The distinction in the contract is to repeal Obama care or defund it.

is the government choosing doctors for me? Indirectly yes, My Primary doctor is quitting because of the bill.

Wanting the ability to see insurance is pro state rights. the states then can choose from who they buy insurance from.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post

Lemmings off a cliff.
Please post proof that they are funding the tea party

Old 04-16-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Please post proof that they are funding the tea party
Oh come on, that's another Obamas Birth Certificate. Dick Armey is a Washington Lobbyist being paid tens of millions to drive Freedomworks and the TeaPartyExpress which ever way he is paid to. First they were employed by United Health Care and the AMA, now it's Citigroup.

The Tea Baggers are just Zombies being paraded around in a freak show

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies