Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times

Advertisements

Well my charts didn't copy very well, but from deployed military, $76,027 went to republicans, while only $63,882 went to democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
What an interesting site. I can see my neighbors, by name and home address, and know exactly how much they donated and to who.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:35 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
You can look up political campaign donations (many different ways), but type in some zipcodes near you. On the right it should give you a total amount dontated to each political party for that particular zipcode.

Next, compare nice neighborhoods to rougher ones... upper class ones to lower class ones. Make a note of which party receives more political donations, republican vs democrat.

From trying this out myself, I've noticed that the nicer the neighborhood, the higher the donations to republican candidates. The worse the neighborhood, the higher the donations to democratic candidates.
You've analysed data, and assuming your analysis to be correct, what is your conclusion? You said you came to a conclusion. Would you share that with us?

Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Ewwww. I am disgusted. My city voted for Republicans.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You've analysed data, and assuming your analysis to be correct, what is your conclusion? You said you came to a conclusion. Would you share that with us?
I made a note of my findings in the OP.
Quote:
I've noticed that the nicer the neighborhood, the higher the donations to republican candidates. The worse the neighborhood, the higher the donations to democratic candidates.
What did you find? No cherry picking neighborhoods now.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Ewwww. I am disgusted. My city voted for Republicans.
Doesn't really matter. Democrats and Republicans in D.C. agree on 99% of all issues. There really is no difference in the parties these days.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:30 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
I made a note of my findings in the OP.

What did you find? No cherry picking neighborhoods now.
That's not a conclusion. That's an analysis of data.

The data shows "x," therefore, "conclusion." You've given us the x, but not the conclusion.

Take smoking, for example. The data shows that those who smoke have a greater occurrance of lung disease, therefore, quitting smoking can extend your lifespan.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
You can look up political campaign donations (many different ways), but type in some zipcodes near you. On the right it should give you a total amount dontated to each political party for that particular zipcode.

Next, compare nice neighborhoods to rougher ones... upper class ones to lower class ones. Make a note of which party receives more political donations, republican vs democrat.

From trying this out myself, I've noticed that the nicer the neighborhood, the higher the donations to republican candidates. The worse the neighborhood, the higher the donations to democratic candidates.
If you just type in the zip code and nothing else you only get the general election campaign contributions, not the primary ones to other candidates. If you contributed and type in your full name, you see your primary contributions. McCain didn't take contributions, if I remember correctly but I don't know at what point, he didn't.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Here's something to ponder, if you want to live in and be able to afford a nicer neighborhood do you take the advice of someone that has already made it there or from someone that is dirt poor?

Last edited by thecoalman; 04-17-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
And if we followed your logic, what have you just said about the entire state of Ohio???
After being forced to live in Ohio for 5 years, the less said about it the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies