Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippyman View Post
Your change belongs to China.
Well, that's true too. I think I own 11 acres of land here in Ohio. In truth, it probably belongs to China (my mortgage is through GMAC). The sooner I pay it off, the better. About 5 years to go. Will the U.S. last that long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Absoutely agree with you Lamar, tried to rep you both, but you know the drill, they won't let me, bummer i tried.
Thanks, Trish. You just did "rep" me. And I owe ya a few!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Was 9-11 an attack on the U.S. or wasn't it? Should we have responded, or not? Oh, yeah...right...Iraq didn't attack us. We went there for the Oil, huh?
If a bunch of terrorists from America went to Canada and blew up an office building, would it make sense for Canada to declare war on the US and send in troops to invade Washington?

And you're correct, Iraq did not attack us. Whether for oil or the insatiable appetite of Washington for war, who really knows?

Old 04-17-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm no fool thinking the government is going to hand everything to me on a silver platter while I sit and wait. I'm also no fool thinking the government can spend and not want to tax me more.
I'm also no fool in thinking a bloated central government can run any program within it's budget nevermind bring a profit.

Oh there will be a recovery alright, but not to what we had in the past.
Get your house in order while there is time and be ready for it.
Exactly right. This idiot that calls himself "president" is not our friend. He is Americas worst nightmare.

I just hope Americans all wake up soon. I know many have. But there are still many that are buying this snake oil salesmans goods. Obama is dangerous. He is a dictator. If Chavez and Castro love him...well, enough said.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippyman View Post
Your change belongs to China.

Some people never face reality, especially if their mind is clouded with hate and they love being victims .

Old 04-17-2010, 07:06 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post

We want the illegal war in Iraq to come to an end like Yesterday. Many of us expected that to be one of the first things completed when he got into office, and it's time it happened.
I agreed with your post as well as the bit above. Many service members thought the war in Iraq was a crock of S*it, and still do, especially after having been there. But it is the duty of a service member to serve and not be political about reasons why.

For all the posters who are attacking this angle and bringing up 9-11....if you're so upset, join the dam@ military so you can actually participate in what you believe is pure and righteous justice.

Meanwhile, you sit cozy at home while others are fighting in wars that they don't even neccessarily agree with but oh, wait, you have the freedom to believe and say whatever you want- to be outraged that America would ever be attacked but never have the balls to actually do something in global wars that count, besides complain and reference 9-11 as the beacon and foundation for the American's "righteous" war in Iraq. Get on board and go to Iraq if you feel it is a worthy fight. Otherwise, you really don't know the full story and ignorance is a b@tch, not bliss or security.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
Did you check under the couch? I normally can get a couple bucks worth there.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 PM

337 posts, read 663,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I thought you said you never voted in your life; then you said you voted for Obama.

You blame the former administration, yet fail to hold this one accountable. But this administration has done nothing to "fix" the situation and everything to make it worse.

There is no such thing as "free health care" for anybody. Sombody pays for it.

War in Iraq, "Illegal"? Explain. You are just another anti-war, anti-Bush activist. Who are you kidding?

Was 9-11 an attack on the U.S. or wasn't it? Should we have responded, or not? Oh, yeah...right...Iraq didn't attack us. We went there for the Oil, huh?

Sorry. You're busted.

Go peddle your lies elsewhere.
Unless your heads been in the sand the last decade you missed Bush admitting to the intelligence that he used as the basis for invading Iraq, was all together bad.

Somewhere thru my thread u stopped reading, cause I clearly stated this current administration nor anyone can fix the current economic system we are in.

I said I never voted until I voted for OBama which was the first time. U must be a youngin cause your spouting off w/ out any real provocation.

I'm not attacking you or your way of life. And I have every bit the right to complain cause I fought in both the wars, something tells me you never had the stones to join up!

Old 04-17-2010, 11:04 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,947 times
voting for the Iraq war not a one way street

Senate Democrats, with 29 voting for the measure

Daschle, D-South Dakota, said the threat of Iraq's weapons programs "may not be imminent. But it is real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies