Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
For those of you who actually believe that straight white men are more discriminated against than anyone....

... yeah.
What if you believe most everyone experiences discrimination at the hands of somebody somewhere in their lifetimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 05:47 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
What if you believe most everyone experiences discrimination at the hands of somebody somewhere in their lifetimes?
Of course I believe that.

I also believe that there has ALWAYS been a straight white male president (until now... over 200 years later)

I also believe that entire groups of straight white males have NOT been hosed down in the streets with attack dogs going after them. Or didn't have to stage sit ins because they weren't allowed to eat, drink, sleep, or even use the restroom in certain places.

I also believe that atraight white males didn't have to march and demostrate for their right to vote while America was already an established country.

I also believe that innocent straight white males never had to worry about any black, Hispanic, Asian or other supremacy groups going after them in sheets and having crosses burned on their lawns.

I also believe that straight white males still make up a pretty good majority of the 1% in America with no real threat to their rights or well being right now.

I mean what is it? What is it that makes anyone believe that straight white males are most discriminated againtst? Affirmative action? The Rooney Rule?

What?

Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Of course I believe that.

I also believe that there has ALWAYS been a straight white male president (until now... over 200 years later)

I also believe that entire groups of straight white males have NOT been hosed down in the streets with attack dogs going after them. Or didn't have to stage sit ins because they weren't allowed to eat, drink, sleep, or even use the restroom in certain places.

I also believe that atraight white males didn't have to march and demostrate for their right to vote while America was already an established country.

I also believe that innocent straight white males never had to worry about any black, Hispanic, Asian or other supremacy groups going after them in sheets and having crosses burned on their lawns.

I also believe that straight white males still make up a pretty good majority of the 1% in America with no real threat to their rights or well being right now.

I mean what is it? What is it that makes anyone believe that straight white males are most discriminated againtst? Affirmative action? The Rooney Rule?

What?
Maybe it's the white men NOT in the 1% that feel discriminated against? Sort of like everyone that looks like you is in the VIP lounge and you're behind the ropes with the hoi polloi and not happy about it.

Last edited by GreyDay; 03-29-2012 at 06:58 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,947 times
Didn't mean to end this thread.

Last edited by GreyDay; 03-29-2012 at 06:57 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Didn't mean to curb stomp this thread.
It's just another damned "WHY ME? WHY ME?" thing.

It's 'straight white men'... that's it. Just that group, wealthy or not. When ya say that, what else am I supposed to think?

Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,970,582 times
About the initial question.

Anyone who thinks so is a complete idiot. Seriously? Straight white men facing the most discrimination?

Let's see, last time I checked, straight white men can marry their partner in every state.

Straight white men don't face racism from cops in 20-freaking-12.

And straight white men aren't getting paid less than their female counterparts for the same work.

Give me a break. 25% of the votes agree with this statement?

Oh hey Canada, mind if I just hop on over...

Old 05-28-2012, 10:25 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,921 times
In some areas straight white men [unfortunately] do seem to get the short end of the stick, however overall, I would not say that they face more discrimination than any other group.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:33 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
In some areas straight white men [unfortunately] do seem to get the short end of the stick, however overall, I would not say that they face more discrimination than any other group.
What areas are those??

Old 05-29-2012, 03:56 AM

52 posts, read 45,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't believe that the majority of heterosexual white men think of themselves as persecuted victims, but it's clear that some do. Perhaps those who believe they are discriminated against can explain why they feel this way.

This is what reverse racism would look like

Crime : The police are black. We are not serious about fighting crime in your poor white neighbourhood since it is not black people who are getting hurt. Besides, everyone knows how violent white people are. Just look at their crime rate.

Employment : Whites are the last hired, first fired. Because whites are not as good as blacks. Besides, everyone knows how whites do not like to work hard. Just look at their unemployment rate.

Film And television : On television nearly everyone is black. The lead character in Hollywood films is almost always a black man. James Bond is black. Oscars are always won by blacks. Whites mostly play supporting characters that are not fleshed out – or worse, are stereotypes that the blacks have about white people.

Food : Restaurants and markets sell mainly black African food from various African countries. You wind up eating this food most of the time because it is easier and cheaper.

Books : Nearly all the books are written by blacks for the blacks. Not just novels but books about Europe, cooking, hair care, history, politics and so on.

History : At school you mainly just learn black history. Because only black history matters. You are made to learn the famous sayings of the black heroes who took over the world and civilised whiote people. You learn all the great things black scientists and inventors have done.

Playboy : Nearly all the women are black. Maxim and Vogue are the same way. Because everyone knows black women are the most desirable, most beautiful women on earth

White women: Most wear their hair black and have afro's. Some wear brown contacts to cover their blue eyes. Most white actresses, singers, models and weather girls have undergone lip surgery to make their lips more black-looking and therefore prettier.

Education : Schools are taught for blacks. When you and other white parents push for white history, you are told that white history is not important, but because we are such kind black people we relent and give you one month of the year and call it "White History Month" but we also realize that white schools are bad because whites are bad students, because white parents do not care about education. Besides, spending more tax money on white students would be a complete waste. Just look at their IQs!

Now if this was the current situation then I'd take seriously all the claims that whites are now the most oppressed group. Not to get into an oppression olympics but the above situation is the current situation only for whites

Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticleesa View Post
Thousands of years? Has anyone actually lived that long?

Its kind of like people wanting slave reparations, eventhough they have never been a slave and they feel entitled....

Affirmative action policies discriminate against that white male. Its been proven time and again. Want to see that program in action at full tilt?

Join todays military, Fort Hood Texas shooting spree could have been stopped if there would have been no fear in speaking against a minority....

Just got to love the ugly truth, not the politically correct truth...
O.K. then let's talk the truth. The social structure of America was built on racism and sexism. White males used sexism and racism to dominate non-White people and women and create economic, social and political advantages that exist to this day. While you are sitting here b*tiching about how Affirmative Action discriminates against White males for the last 40 years, White males enjoyed Affirmative Action in the American colonies and what is now the United States for about 300 years which gave them such advantages at various stages of American history as:

The exclusive right to vote

The exclusive right to hold political office.

The exclusive right to create laws which discriminated against non-White people and women.

The right to buy other human being from Africa and to work them, whip them, rape them, mutilate them, lynch them, sell them and threat them anyway you like, while denying them their language, heritage, culture, families and humanity.

The exclusive opportunity to hold the jobs in society that paid the most money and had the most prestige.

Exclusive opportunity to attend the most prestigious colleges and universities.

Exclusive opportunity to access financial capital to finance a home or business venture.

Exclusive opportunity to become President of the United States, a Supreme Court justice or a cabinet secretary or a state governor.

Exclusive opportunity to join labor unions

Exclusive opportunity to join clubs and other organization where you could associate with other White males and create more opportunity, privilege, and rights for yourself while keeping those same things away from others as long as it was poiltically, socially, or economically possible.

Exclusive privilege to live wherever you like.

This rights, opportunities and privileges allowed White males to create wealth, privilege and opportunity and then pass those down to their children to create more wealth, privilege and opportunity. At the they were same passing those things down from generation to generation while denying others that same thing.

The result is an unequal society because that's exactly what White males wanted.

In short for about 300 years White males in the United States enjoyed the best Affirmative Action program in modern history. The reason you are pissed that it's gone is that you've had it for so long it feels like your birthright.

As a white male you feel it's 'unnatural' and 'unfair' to allow other groups of people to enjoy the same rights, privileges and opportunities since the first White Male settler touch foot in Jamestown.

Sorry but that era is drawing to a close and that's why so many white males feel such anger and resentment.

Yea I know it's a b*tch giving other Americans the same rights, privileges and opportunities you've had to yourself for so long but don't worry somehow you'll survive and believe or not we will all live in a more prosperous and harmonious country in the long run.

Now that's the truth.

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 05-29-2012 at 06:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies