Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 10:54 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well if I had an option of roysoldboy getting a liver transplant or David Crosby I just might go with roy.

Who gets to decide what constitutes unnecessary surgery? Does my knee surgery 8 weeks ago qualify?
What quality of life is saving granny when she has dementia,keeps falling in the nursing home because she thinks she can walk when she can't, keeps breaking her hips , codes for some other reason,]not by breaking her hips,(and family wants her life saved at all costs,she has terrible bedsores with mrsa, gets sent back to the nursing home,codes again,gets sent back to hospital..get my drift?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
We also need to stop importing poor ppl from all corners of the globe. If we did that, our growth would be neutral or close to it. I'm not so sure that the military could find civilian jobs. Keep in mind that many of them don't have advanced degrees. Capitalism is not a perfect system and cannot support everyone that wants a job. It never has even in the best of times.
Everyone who immigrates to America is not poor.
Most people in the military barely have high school diplomas.
So you want welfare for the uneducated? Or just the military form of welfare?
I have information on what it costs to keep a base running. It's not cheap.

What is it that you want?
Educated people who perform or cannon fodder?

There are no jobs in the manufacturing sector yet people keep popping out kids who will have no jobs in their futures.
We create our own dukkha.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What quality of life is saving granny when she has dementia,keeps falling in the nursing home because she thinks she can walk when she can't, keeps breaking her hips , codes for some other reason,]not by breaking her hips,(and family wants her life saved at all costs,she has terrible bedsores with mrsa, gets sent back to the nursing home,codes again,gets sent back to hospital..get my drift?
reminds me of when i dated a nurse. all her friends talked about a 95 year old lady with killer health ins. they did a hip job a bone marrow transplant and all sorts of other stuff so interns could get experience in these procedures free. they kept quiet to keep their jobs. they knew it was wrong though. poor lady

Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I sure hope that you meant to say $5000/MONTH.
Yup 5000 a month for basic care. Now if they have vent or feeding tube or need total care the price is way higher.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
reminds me of when i dated a nurse. all her friends talked about a 95 year old lady with killer health ins. they did a hip job a bone marrow transplant and all sorts of other stuff so interns could get experience in these procedures free. they kept quiet to keep their jobs. they knew it was wrong though. poor lady
You all should look up "slow codes"

Old 04-20-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
If you can afford to be online, you can certainly afford to pay for your own child's wheelchair. I am a single individual taxpayer with no kids and am tired of footing the bills for your kids.
So when you older and might need someone to wipe your hinny who is going to do it? Those kids who are tired of paying for of course.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
This is only the beginning.
Now she is going to try and make an elderly person feel guilty for using an aspirin.
It should go to the CHILDREN!
Why this is all about the "children"!!!
Like killing the CHILDREN was all about a woman lying in an alley using a coat hanger on herself.
We had to SAVE the woman by allowing her to go to the hospital to kill it and pay for her to do it.
Not tell her to use BIRTH CONTROL if she couldn't control herself.
So here we are, the BEGINNING of listening to all the reasons why we should "choose" the shot.
Well its not about the "children" its about YOU and YOUR "tax dollars"!
The joke is that you probably think you are the only one paying them!
A person earning 130,000.00 can't afford a wheel chair for their child?
I would sell my house, I would sell everything I owned but you think the solution is eliminating the grandparents of the "children"!
Its not about the children, it is all about YOU and people like you.
Listen for the last time I absolutely love working with the elderly. I jst asked a question and wanted opinions. Btw 60 to 70 year old men are sexy

Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
thanx Jerseygal4u you share some good info with us lay folks carry on

Old 04-20-2010, 11:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
sure everybody should get everything and for free.
however point of order, the old guy earned that right to get medical.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
It's the same thing.

You are unfit to be in the medical field and need to change careers.

Try mortician.
Listen re...d euthanasia is helping someone to kill themself while I'm just stating stop the unneccesary surgeries and tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies