Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
If you can afford to be online, you can certainly afford to pay for your own child's wheelchair. I am a single individual taxpayer with no kids and am tired of footing the bills for your kids.

Depending on where they are from internet might be free. The school district here provides it to families.

Back to the topic at hand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,550,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I hope we don't get that here.
It's not the Dr alone who makes those decisions. As I said before it's the healthcare team, patient and family.
If there is a conflict that can't be overcome then the case goes to court.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,550,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Fyi I know that.what I'm talking about is doing unneccesary surgery. For example why put a feeding tube in grandma who has esrd,can't eat,doesn't recognize her fam,can't talk,lays in bed all day. Why can't we just give her comfort measures to make sure she is pain free while dying instead of artificially keeping her alive? Like dying with dignity.

The Anti euthanasia. Crowd: what wrong with people who want to end their life because of pain as like in end stage breast cancer? Are not we imposing our beliefs on them if we say to them " no you can't take your own life no matter how much pain you are in? People are always sreaming about free choice but when it comes down to it,it doesnt happen
Hey, I'm on your side! I am in no way anti-euthanasia. I think our own death is something we have too little control over. I am also an RN, originally from the UK and now in the US.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:39 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Depending on where they are from internet might be free. The school district here provides it to families.

Back to the topic at hand...
In some places its 30 a month.how can he or she compare the costs when a wheelchair costs 1000 up to 17000 for an electrical one. Let's do the math 30 × 12 months=360 hrdly a dent

Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
uhhh....really now

My opinion is you are mistaken
Your opinion is irrelevant. Why that may be a slight exageration on the part of the op, it's not really that far from the truth.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
Hey, I'm on your side! I am in no way anti-euthanasia. I think our own death is something we have too little control over. I am also an RN, originally from the UK and now in the US.
I knew someone from abroad would see it different and that your are a nurse. I never ever mentioned death panels or euthanasia in my posts and I'm actually against it. I'm also pro life. Id be willing to bet a lot of the posters listen to Glen beck but he wants to get rid of all the entiltlement programs including ss and medicare. Also a lot of the healthcare for all crowd don't understand where is all this money going to came from? If everyone wants to be kept alive at all costs and the fact that soon the elderly are going to outnumber the younger generation then what? The point I'm trying to make is what sense does it make to give a 98 year old who is unconscience and lie in the bed all day and had end stage breast cancer and the fam wants her to spend those days in the icu where she would get trached,a vent, and a gt. When she could go home on hospice with pain meds and surrounded by fam

Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Metastatic brain cancer in Singapore = steroids and a kiss on the head.
Metastatic brain cancer in U.S. = millions of dollars in meds, surgeries, radiation, chemo, etc, etc, etc...

Nonverbal, demented, not eating person in England = will pass gently into the night
Nonverbal, demented, not eating person in U.S. = gtube surgery, multiple gtube replacements, etc, etc, etc...

Think about it.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
It's not the Dr alone who makes those decisions. As I said before it's the healthcare team, patient and family.
If there is a conflict that can't be overcome then the case goes to court.
I thought the dr has the final say? Am I mistaken please let me know so I can be corrected thanx

Old 04-23-2010, 12:08 AM

[quote=stan4;13863646]Metastatic brain cancer in Singapore = steroids and a kiss on the head.
Metastatic brain cancer in U.S. = millions of dollars in meds, surgeries, radiation, chemo, etc, etc, etc...

Nonverbal, demented, not eating person in England = will pass gently into the night
Nonverbal, demented, not eating person in U.S. = gtube surgery, multiple gtube replacements, etc, etc, etc...

Think about it.[/QUOTE

Not to mention for the person in the usa pain,pain,pain,pain

For the metastatic brain cancer pt. we should give chemo (as much as it takes) but now if the person also has dementia and lays in the bed and incontinent and is 100 years old and needs to go to the icu to have a trach and gt and a vent,that's where it gets tricky. Why not send them home with hospice to be sorounded by loved ones and pain meds and let them spend their last days at home instead of the icu?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I knew someone from abroad would see it different and that your are a nurse. I never ever mentioned death panels or euthanasia in my posts and I'm actually against it. I'm also pro life. Id be willing to bet a lot of the posters listen to Glen beck but he wants to get rid of all the entiltlement programs including ss and medicare. Also a lot of the healthcare for all crowd don't understand where is all this money going to came from? If everyone wants to be kept alive at all costs and the fact that soon the elderly are going to outnumber the younger generation then what? The point I'm trying to make is what sense does it make to give a 98 year old who is unconscience and lie in the bed all day and had end stage breast cancer and the fam wants her to spend those days in the icu where she would get trached,a vent, and a gt. When she could go home on hospice with pain meds and surrounded by fam
Almost all of your posts talk of withholding treatment to the elderly.
It's semantics, you just didn't use the words euthanasia or death panels, but your opinions are the definition.
I asked you a question 5 times and you refused to respond.
What gives you the right to decide another's fate? If they live or die.
What gives you the qualification to do that?

Your posts clearly show that you want the elderly to die by withholding treatment.

I'm enjoying your backtracking and changing stories.
It's fun to watch explosions like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies