Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wouldn't call that noise heckling since it was just someone wanting to push their agenda. That noise had nothing to do with what he was talking about and I say that it was purely agenda driven and an attempt to be heard more than anything else. Of course, Code Pink and other far left organizations play the same game so I guess gays and lesbians have as much right to do it.

I still want to see a picture of the screamer.
I don't know, but it sounded an awful lot like Joe Biden to me ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I don't know, but it sounded an awful lot like Joe Biden to me ..
You mean Old Foot-in-Mouth Joe Biden. Funny but it sounded like a female voice to me.

I can guarantee you if I had been the screamer and he offered to let me come up and have the mike I wouldn't have hesitated to head up there. Then the SS would have had to spring into action but his wiseassed attempt to be funny would have been called.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You mean Old Foot-in-Mouth Joe Biden. Funny but it sounded like a female voice to me.

I can guarantee you if I had been the screamer and he offered to let me come up and have the mike I wouldn't have hesitated to head up there. Then the SS would have had to spring into action but his wiseassed attempt to be funny would have been called.
Yup .. Old Joe usually sounds like that when he gets all excited and things ..

Old 04-21-2010, 05:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,094,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
I watch him closely in moments like the one we're speaking of.....he looks like it is so hard but he's controlling the anger, because he HAS to......just watch his squinting, angry, flaming eyes and his mouth...pursed purple lips. You can tell it's very hard for him to contain the anger. waaahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaahhhhhh!

Can you imagine Reagan provoking a heckler like that...'come on up here'. Never!
what an i***t he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I've gotta say... I read the first few pages of this thread before I watched the video.

Then I watched it, and I don't see the big deal. I really don't.

He was getting shouted down over and over and over. So he addressed it. Pretty skillfully the first time, then a little testily the second time, but he recovered.

What's the big deal?
What's the big deal?

The clue is in the post above yours which contains the words "purple lips'....answer: racism.

It is enjoyable to watch the rightists in here ...their angst, anger, hatred eating them up over our BLACK President....so SWWEEEET!!!!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:39 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,507,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Of course he was pissed. You'd be pissed too if someone heckled you. That's normal.

But he didn't fly off the handle and try to jump the guys. He didn't call the cops to have them clapped in irons. They made their opinions known, and he made his known in return. Why shouldn't he? Does he have to sit there and take it like a meek lamb just because you say so? Exchange of opinions goes both ways. It's really not a big deal, and I highly doubt Obama is losing any sleep over it.

If it had been Bush who responded upon being heckled, you'd be praising him for what a "strong leader" he is. And if Obama had sat there and said nothing, you'd be criticizing him for being a spineless wimp.

No....I wouldn't. I'd be surprised. Because for the first time I'd see some "grace" under pressure from this guy.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:02 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,821,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
There isn't but the Republicans live in a world of make believe and make it a big deal in their pea sized little brains.

Obama did the right thing. He was very strong and took it well.
Got a feeling your opinion wouldnt be the same if he had an R by his name and if those yelling were holding a sign they would be racist but for some reason these protesters arent racist.

I thought anyone that protested Obama or didnt agree with him is because they are racist

Old 04-21-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
I watch him closely in moments like the one we're speaking of.....he looks like it is so hard but he's controlling the anger, because he HAS to......just watch his squinting, angry, flaming eyes and his mouth...pursed purple lips. You can tell it's very hard for him to contain the anger. waaahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaahhhhhh!

Can you imagine Reagan provoking a heckler like that...'come on up here'. Never!
what an i***t he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Got a feeling your opinion wouldnt be the same if he had an R by his name and if those yelling were holding a sign they would be racist but for some reason these protesters arent racist.

I thought anyone that protested Obama or didnt agree with him is because they are racist
No, not all, but if you think racism plays no part in the repugs hatred....read the post above yours.

Racism is alive in the U.S....to deny racism doesn't play a part in the hatred for our B L A C K president is to deny reality.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 AM

29,978 posts, read 18,541,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is just hilarious. Look how testy and irritated he gets at those chanting about Don't ask, Don't tell.

Maybe cause they know he could have ended the practice with a stroke of his pen?

RealClearPolitics - Video - Pro-Gay Hecklers Repeatedly Interrupt Obama At DNC Fundraiser

I wonder why the Fuhrer did not send out some union browhshirts into the crowd to bust some skulls? They must have been deployed to a tea party rally or something.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,821,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, not all, but if you think racism plays no part in the repugs hatred....read the post above yours.

Racism is alive in the U.S....to deny racism doesn't play a part in the hatred for our B L A C K president is to deny reality.
-disagree with Obama its because you are a racist
-attend a tea party its because you are a racist
-support a republican its because you are a racist

Yet the people that didnt agree with Obama at this event havent been called a racist once by any democrat

I am starting to think you are the racist since you are the one obsessed with the color of his skin. Notice that ones obsessed with skin tone

Was it racism when the democrat on cnn called a black man a porch monkey? You only seem to care about racism from republicans

Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
-disagree with Obama its because you are a racist"""

-attend a tea party its because you are a racist
-support a republican its because you are a racist""

Liar...I never posted that BUT SOME ARE!

Yet the people that didnt agree with Obama at this event havent been called a racist once by any democrat """"

SO? Racism exists. How conveniently you didn't read the post referring to Obama's "purple lips"(must drive that poster insane).

"""I am starting to think you are the racist since you are the one obsessed with the color of his skin."""

NOPE! I didn't refer to his "purple lips".....AND, I will not accept your turning it around...racists HOPE that they can turn it around but I will point out the racism whenever I can and the "turn arounds" WILL be pointed out....YOU can't shut up those who call out the racism!!

Notice that ones obsessed with skin tone

Was it racism when the democrat on cnn called a black man a porch monkey? You only seem to care about racism from republicans
I JUST POSTED there is racism as YOU ponted out with the remark from a Democrat....and now YOU imply it's only Democrats...make up your mind...!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies