Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM

383 posts, read 222,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But murdering innocent people is not that answer. Stalin, Che and Castro might agree with you, but not me.
Yer right its not the answer but the government murdered innocent people so he had to return the favor but killing innocent people as well. Seems to me people don't understand what war is about. You are fighting an enemy who cares nothing about what it does because we the people have allowed them to grow completely out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 11:02 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
Yer right its not the answer but the government murdered innocent people so he had to return the favor but killing innocent people as well. Seems to me people don't understand what war is about. You are fighting an enemy who cares nothing about what it does because we the people have allowed them to grow completely out of control.
So, McVeigh's pre-meditated murder of 168 people...including 19 children under the age of 6, is okay with you?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
How is murdering innocent lives, including children in Oklahoma city justified? If you have a beef with the government take it up with them, no need to involve civilians. This was wrong on so many levels.
The same could be said for the actions of government employees and officials. Why have none of those responsible for similar crimes against innocent children not been put to death as well? Same crime deserves same punishment. Clinton and Reno should have been juiced at the front of the line for their actions as well. McVeigh was punished for his actions, but all government employess got off and were even promoted and congratulated for their fine work.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
No, he didn't have to return the favor. He chose to. It was not a war; he had no army. He had another nujob named Nichols.

I agree the government abuses power. You're right, people have allowed it. They allow it by continuing to vote people into office. They can change it by voting them out. McVeigh changed nothing about the government.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The same could be said for the actions of government employees and officials. Why have none of those responsible for similar crimes against innocent children not been put to death as well? Same crime deserves same punishment. Clinton and Reno should have been juiced at the front of the line for their actions as well. McVeigh was punished for his actions, but all government employess got off and were even promoted and congratulated for their fine work.
Two wrongs don't make a right. My suspicions have been confirmed. Many do sympathize with McVeigh's sentiments and actions.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
the government murdered innocent people
What innocent people would that be? Not the folks who killed 4 Federal law enforcement agents serving a legally obtained warrant?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i don't know anybody who sympathizes with mcveigh. he chose to deliberately kill women and children because he had a beef with the united states government. it's the same thing as the 9-11 bombers. they chose to kill innocent people because they had a beef with the united states government. both acts are completely wrong, but trying to illogically tie them to tea party protestors is reprehensible.

i find it interesting that the government is now saying that homegrown terrorists are now just as big a threat as foreign terrorists. i saw napolitano saying that she could not say which was worse. if that is true, time to bring the boys home and protect our citizens here.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 AM

383 posts, read 222,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What innocent people would that be? Not the folks who killed 4 Federal law enforcement agents serving a legally obtained warrant?
I don't give a crap if it was legally obtained or not. They had no right to break into someone's home for having guns without identifying themselves. The atf was trying to make its self look good by staging this raid hell they even called the media to let them know something was going to happen to make sure they got it on tape because of the major screw up in murdering 2 innocent people in Idaho the year before. The sheriff of this county has said repeatedly all they had to do was ask koresh to come into town or let the sheriff handle it since he is the highest ranking law enforcement agent in his county. He had dealt with koresh before on different occasions and they knew each other. Maybe next time the ATF thugs will think twice before busting someones door down because of a supposed legal warrant signed by some tyrant in a robe. They won't be so hasty to abuse yer constitutional rights if they think there may be a chance they are gonna get shot at for their efforts.You liberal lap dogs need to realize people are getting real fed up with our rights being taken from us they were made rights for a reason no judge or court can take them away or throw them away at their whim.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. My suspicions have been confirmed. Many do sympathize with McVeigh's sentiments and actions.
Never did I say that McVeigh was "right". In his mind, at least what he chose to say, was that he thought he was retaliating for the Waco massacre.

Anyway, he was executed for his crimes. Now we just have to wait for Clinton, Reno, and all of the goons beneath them to get strapped to the gurney for their similar actions. Don't hold your breath. They are saintly government thugs.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:28 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't know anybody who sympathizes with mcveigh. he chose to deliberately kill women and children because he had a beef with the united states government. it's the same thing as the 9-11 bombers. they chose to kill innocent people because they had a beef with the united states government. both acts are completely wrong, but trying to illogically tie them to tea party protestors is reprehensible.

i find it interesting that the government is now saying that homegrown terrorists are now just as big a threat as foreign terrorists. i saw napolitano saying that she could not say which was worse. if that is true, time to bring the boys home and protect our citizens here.
There is absolutely no tie between the Tea Party movement and Timothy McVeigh, who had no identifiable political ideology. It's all part of the strategy to demonize and marginalize those who disagree with the current administration and its policies.....Alinsky all the way. No legitimate tea partier is advocating violence, as opposed to Obama's friend, Bill Ayers, in his earlier days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies