Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Was reading todays Tucson,AZ newspaper and an article about how Albania loves President Bush and America. The Albanian Army gave him a 21 cannon salute and thousands of Albanians came out in droves to see him.
That's awesome news!

Dear Albania, thanks for granting our President such a warm reception. We're so touched that we've decided to let you keep him. Would you like Dick Cheney, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 04:18 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,018,408 times
I find it to be very curious that the USA now has in its pocket all these former ultra communist eastern European countries.

They are mostly right wing governments now- still basically totalitarian regimes that seemingly agree with Bush regarding Gay pogroms, global warming, womens rights, Iraq.. etc. They also have a cheap labor pool, where workers are exploited; something not permitted in western Europe.

Bushie will do anything really to extend the poisonous tentacles of greedy American corporations that chew people up and spit them out .

Its becoming more curious all the time.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,425,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Was reading todays Tucson,AZ newspaper and an article about how Albania loves President Bush and America. The Albanian Army gave him a 21 cannon salute and thousands of Albanians came out in droves to see him. The Albanian Prime Minister Sali Berisha quoted '' It is a bright day today when in our land came the greatest and most distenguished friend we have had in our times,the President of the USA and leader of the free world.''

Glad someone out there still likes us.........
I hadn't heard about that.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:31 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
Sooooooo i take it that non of you will be sponsoring any Albanian foreign exchange students in your households???

Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Unilateralism? Exceptionalism? Triumphalism? Those aren't policies you want to pursue at all, much less long-term. No wonder we're so universally hated...

.......and yet people are flooding across our borders and there are millions waiting in the wings to immigrate. You are mistaking jealousy for hatred. You might be right though, jealousy does breed hatred.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:44 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,354 times
The reality is that most countries and their people do like the USA - It's the current government we have that they can't stand. And, this includes both Democrats and Republicans.

For years I supported Bush as he is our President - But, now I see him as just a damn fool.

The sad part is that we have no real worthy alternatives. Let's face it folks - None of the Democrat or Republican candidates are really any good. It is amazing that in a country of 6 Billion people, we cannot find a really outstanding person that we can say "That's a President".

Time for a new political party...And, I am posting this elsewhere on this forum.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:16 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
.......and yet people are flooding across our borders and there are millions waiting in the wings to immigrate. You are mistaking jealousy for hatred. You might be right though, jealousy does breed hatred.
Does the abbreviation 'WTO' mean anything to you at all ?
I didnt think so.......
In a nutshell, the USA is making sure conditions in Mexico stay
bad for the corprorate bottom line. Google is your friend.
Do you see "millions" of people from civilized countries "waiting in
the wings" to migrate" ? Yeah....There are boatloads of Frenchies
and Swedes landing on the Jersey Shore right now....I see 500
sneaky Canadians swimming across Otter Creek in my back yard, too...

Old 06-11-2007, 07:51 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
This could be the beginning of a new immigration policy!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:08 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,395 times
Maybe an Albanian Flite suit would
fit Bu$h better ?

Old 06-11-2007, 08:30 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
.......and yet people are flooding across our borders and there are millions waiting in the wings to immigrate.
This out of their love and admiration for Bush's foreign policies??? All that flooding is being driven by economics and demographics. You might want to go learn something about those before you go running off on your shining-city-on-the-hill jog of the morning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies