Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, almost all of them take place in occupied countries. In the US masses of radicals are threatening violent revolution only because their own president does things they don't like. Just imagine if a huge army from the Muslim world came to the US, shot civilian Americans, told them what to do, etc. I guess you would also have suicide attacks carried out by Americans.
(In no way do I support any radicals, be it American Christians, Muslim Arabs or whoever. I despise all religions.)
You've seen that first hand I'm sure... good thing the intraweb is filling the minds of the uninformed across the lake as well as here at home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 PM

948 posts, read 894,299 times
Religion of peace my foot. More like religion of pieces since they're so big on strapping on bombs.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:18 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Yeah..the liberals caved under threats that they would be beheaded...they are just so brave aren't they...

Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
If no Muslims watched an episode of South Park, in which a tree came crashing down a top the Prophet Muhammad's head. Would that mean it never happened?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Yes, and Liberals love them because they both hate Israel.

A conservative muslim, and a liberal are complete opposites, yet liberals support them.
What is wrong with hating the filth nation known as Israel which wouldn't be around if the USA didn't help them? And for the record, I am against aid to both Israel and Palestine.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
How long were Germany and japan occupied for? How many suicide bombings there during occupation?
I guess the situation was quite different. Germany and Japan were occupied after a world war, in which they were the bad guys and knew it. Afghans and Iraqis started from a different situation, people there don't really know why Americans are occupying their countries. All they witness is foreigners, unbelievers even, killing their families and trying to spread ideas and beliefs that are alien to them.
I guess if that were happening in Germany or Japan or the US today, there would be suicide attacks too, if people didn't have other means to defend themselves. Actually, the Japanese did use suicide, kamikaze I guess it is called. Germans just don't have a suicide tradition

Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
These loons just crave attention - which our media so willingly gives them. The media has to stop. Try reporting on real things that happen - instead of trying to give these fringe groups credibility and pandering to the let's be afraid, be very afraid crap. It's getting very old.
I'm not one to cave into hysteria, but if you can't see how dangerous radical Islam is then you're blind.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:28 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I guess the situation was quite different. Germany and Japan were occupied after a world war, in which they were the bad guys and knew it. Afghans and Iraqis started from a different situation, people there don't really know why Americans are occupying their countries. All they witness is foreigners, unbelievers even, killing their families and trying to spread ideas and beliefs that are alien to them.
I guess if that were happening in Germany or Japan or the US today, there would be suicide attacks too, if people didn't have other means to defend themselves. Actually, the Japanese did use suicide, kamikaze I guess it is called. Germans just don't have a suicide tradition
why aren't native Americans blowing themselves up then?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:28 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
If no Muslims watched an episode of South Park, in which a tree came crashing down a top the Prophet Muhammad's head. Would that mean it never happened?
Hear no evil, see no evil, ain't no evil?

That may work for everyone but atheists.

Or, except for, or because of, or something.

Atheist or Faitheist?

Easiest?

Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
You've seen that first hand I'm sure... good thing the intraweb is filling the minds of the uninformed across the lake as well as here at home
There are even such people on this board, I remember threads in that vein... Not to mention radicals showing up with firearms at Obama speeches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies