Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:08 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

They've lampooned every major religion and political party and many organizations. The ones that have problems with them, they can go pound sand. They have won a Peabody award, so did Mr. Fred Rogers. Sometimes they show brilliance in their examination of society and culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I have had some long conversations with muslims online and in stores .
= Expert!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:26 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I know many Christians who refuse to watch it.

Potty-mouth is prohibited in the Bible.

I am a Christian. My kids and I love South Park. They are completely irreverent about EVERYTHING, and routinely have Jesus and Santa as vengeful ass kickers on periodic episodes. Jesus (along with Mohammed) is a part of the "Super Friends Club". In the last episode, the kids were wondering how they could get Mohammed to South Park without showing his face or image, such that they would not offend any Muslims. The bear suit was to transport Mohammed from an ambulence to Tom Cruise's limosine. Make sense?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Tell the truth now, you know how you rally feel . This is not your everyday religian . How many religians slowly saw the heads off people on videos ? Like they did the American contractor, Danial Pearl and many others . How many muslims spoke out against it ? Most muslim on earth was yelling death to america when a few idiot soldiers abused iraqis .

I think the radicals are the real islam, and the moderates are hypocrits . I have had some long conversations with muslims online and in stores .
Also, if radicals are such a "tiny minority" why do they control so many governments, or constitute major portions, like Hamas, Hezbollah, and in control in places like Iran?

I bet if they had free elections in the middle east, in just about EVERY country they would elect islamist governments into power.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Don't get me wrong ... I was not calling for censorship but just commenting about how disrespectful it is to poke fun at the beliefs of others.
Really, so when Catholics, Baptist, Mormons, and other religions are made fun of in TV, Movies, and on stage by comics you stood up against disrespecting someone's religion. I doubt that. It seems only Islam is immune to this form of humor because of the fear of attacks by muslims which is what the show was pointed out.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Really, so when Catholics, Baptist, Mormons, and other religions are made fun of in TV, Movies, and on stage by comics you stood up against disrespecting someone's religion. I doubt that. It seems only Islam is immune to this form of humor because of the fear of attacks by muslims which is what the show was pointed out.
True. Nobody fears making fun of christians or Jews, because you know there won't be any violence in response.

I'm curious, how offended liberals were by the movie with George Carlin and the buddy Jesus, i think it was called Dogma or something like that.

Or were liberals trying to ban the art galleries that had chocolate jesus, or the virgin mary in a bottle of urine?

Don't think so.

The truth is, Liberals are scared to death of Muslims, and will do ANYTHING to not offend them for fear of a violent response.

If anything, i bet libs think the episodes of South Park, like the one about Joseph Smith, were the funniest ones, because it made fun of rligion, with no fear of violent backlash. But as soon as it's their darlings, then they say "oh, you shouldn't offend someone's religious beliefs"

Old 04-21-2010, 07:34 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Although I am no fan of Islam or Mohammad, I do find it disrespectful to poke fun at someone else's religious beliefs. I don't think their lives should be threatened over being tasteless and something needs to be done about these extremists organizations.
South Park is an equal opportunity offender.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
South Park is an equal opportunity offender.

Doesn't matter, if the target is a darling of the left.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:18 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Typical evil cult behavior. The fools never even noticed they had muhammad in the "Super Best Friends" episode (season 5 episode 3). Although I'm sure they noticed it now that the boys mentioned it in the first part of "200". I'll be watching tonight and can't wait to see how they crucify muslims in later shows.
These are two guys you don't want to be on the bad side off, like the scientologists. Brilliant guys that too many people dismiss at face value unfortunately.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Gotta love the religion of "peace".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies