Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times

Advertisements

This is more birther nonsense. Trying to move beyond that, and based solely upon the Tancredo quote, "If his wife says Kenya is his homeland, why don't we just send him back?" I would say no. The President's father was from Kenya, he has family in Kenya. It's not like he's saying send him to Africa simply because he is black. I think a mountain is being made out of a molehill.

Whether the publicity is good or bad, it keeps the TEA party in the public eye. Wouldn't it be best to let them languish in silence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Is it racist to tell an Irish man to go back to Ireland? Or how about telling a German to go back to Germany
Judging by your answer I can assume that your answer is no. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:41 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
No more racist that Obama referring to his grandmother as a "typical white person".
Exactly let a white person say that

Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Kuh

51 posts, read 39,015 times
Can't "go back" to somehwere where you didn't even come from in the first place.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Judging by your answer I can assume that your answer is no. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I am simply asking a question is it racist to tell an Irish man to go back to Ireland.

I am so sick of the double standard. So is it racist to tell an irish man to go back to Ireland

While we are doing all this talk about a persons race we ignore the actual problems of country. But hey lets keep up with the obsession of someones skin tone and then say we want to end racism.

Well racism is never going to end long as those that see skin tone keeps seeing it

Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I am simply asking a question is it racist to tell an Irish man to go back to Ireland.

I am so sick of the double standard. So is it racist to tell an irish man to go back to Ireland
You are answering a question with another question, which means you are evading the question. If you are refusing to answer the question in the OP, why even post on this thread?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Tancredo: "If his wife says Kenya is his homeland, why don't we just send him back?"

Only freakish granola hempsters with a touch of feminism and a healthy dose of limp-wristed masculinity - ie. Liberal Wussy Sort-Of-Men - would be so sensitive as to find that statement racist.

It's disrespectful, yes, but it's not racist.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Yes or no? Prominent Tea Party speaker doesn't think so. Thoughts?

Tom Tancredo To Tea Party Rally: "Send Obama Back To Kenya"
You don't get the reference that this was to, do you?

Michelle 0bama said Kenya was Barack's home country.

Michelle: "Barack has led by example, when we took our trip to Africa and visited his home country in, Kenya."

People in America are mostly patriotic, so when the First Lady publicly declares that the president views his home country as Kenya, and not America, its a bit insulting, and we have had enough disparagement of our country from these two already.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's disrespectful, yes, but it's not racist.
Finally a straight answer and no bsing.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
I don't think Tancredo himself is a racist, but I do think his words are designed to manipulate those who are. In this case, though, I think he's trying to manipulate birthers, not racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies