Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
The Elderly will be in for a very rude awakening in the not to distant future. When the monetary system crashes and there's no money for their pet programs anymore,they wont have a pot to ***** in. There is be some mad and panicked Old Folks then!
....and the families of panicked old folks. I only know a few people that can afford to buy meds, food, health care, and shelter for their parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Unless they vote for this candidate!

Sue Lowden's Chickens for Checkups - DSCC: Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (http://www.dscc.org/chickens - broken link)
Holy f'n s***! The most powerful country on Earth and this woman wants us to offer the chickens for payment! Ok Doc Baker What do we offer for a $100,000 heart surgery? 4 cows, 3 goats, and the youngest daughter?

Old 04-21-2010, 08:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Maybe it's from having all those "Scandihoovians" up there, but Minnesotans (as well as their GOP) generally seem to be alot more pragmatic & less ideological bunch, than say, their counterparts in the South. Who I suspect will never be able to move on past their 'winger "base, anymore than they can get over losing the Civil War!

So sooner or later, if they ever want to be "players" again (instead of just being a "regional party"), the national GOP is going to have to come to terms with that fact, just as Minnesota is. Although MN's "experiment" with Gov. (and ex-wrestler) Jesse Ventura might have been just a bit too "open-minded" and "pragmatic"!
Michelle Bachman? Jesse Ventura? They have a history of electing a lot of nuts, too!

Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The tea party extremism along with the "conservative purity" nonsense will divide the GOP. You know the old saying, "Divide and conquer!"

kare11.com | Twin Cities, MN | Demmer clinches 1st District GOP endorsement
They have already divided and conquered themselves (GOP and TEA). They also mean to carry on their therapy session on national/ global scale. The problem with this fractured disparate tribe mentality is the very problem going on in America. People really want to believe they have all the answers without being qualified. They demand that news entertain them & feed confirmation bias vs tell the truth plainly without embellishment of bells and whistles. They're in service to a million special interests at the expense of all others, all else, even at the expense of our constitution.

I'm a fan of capitalism, but if I fail to agree with their brand of organized crime passing itself off as capitalism, I MUST be a liberal?

I'm religious, but if I refuse to persecute others for failing to be christian, I must be in league with the devil?

I agree with many traditional conservative views, but if I consider a word liberals or libertarians have to say on merits of debate, I must be brainwashed if I agree with any % of their side?

Cosmic joke in this information age is the more ignorant people have available to them, the more ignorant they've become.

The republican agenda -if we tune our ears and view it as written and animated by republican constituents, is mouthing the part of Mein Kampf with their every breath. Ann Coulter, Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly, self proclaimed Libertarian John Stossel is convinced he's 'a victim' of liberals. They're desperately trying to seek out a new war to declare in place of identity and still cannot allow themselves to believe they've declared war on america itself the day they sold the story that the other half of america was doing it to them. They've done it to themselves. They're a bunch of entitlement brats, faking it till they make it, trying to fill daddy's shoes by making a mockery of everything the man stood for all his life.

The REAL elephant has wandered off to the hinterlands lamenting, utterly dismayed that while he was busy defending what he mistakenly thought was the holy grail, his children went feral. If only he hadn't tied momma's hands behind her back to appease his ego before he left for the office.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,415 times
Great post, harborlady!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post

Holy f'n s***! The most powerful country on Earth and this woman wants us to offer the chickens for payment! Ok Doc Baker What do we offer for a $100,000 heart surgery? 4 cows, 3 goats, and the youngest daughter?
I wrote for her help, and in the PS section I said, "Since you're a loon, can I trade *you* for an ultrasound of my right breast?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies