U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 AM

1,650 posts, read 445,136 times

Advertisements

You can tell that's not the Palin family the children haven't had children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 AM

11,962 posts, read 7,785,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Whenever these threads pop up, the same folks stand on their podium directing Blacks to police other Blacks behavior. Well, maybe they should stand on that very same podium and answer the questions on the behavior of those in their very own "community".
The white community does police it's own. That's why so many faith based orgs become a center for a local community. That's why we fought a civil war. That's how civil rights passed. It's not as if blacks voted for their own right to vote-- that was delivered by white people arguing very hard on your behalf with other white people (policing their own).

My point is-- if you will review my lengthy post-- these black people really do believe that whites did this to them. White people can't help them. The only way reason will ever reach them is through one of their own. The same way the only people who can tell christian right how wrong they are-- other christians. Others outside the faith cannot understand and aren't qualified.

Apparently you're voting for personal responsibility. NIMBY, and not my job. So the appeals for assistance to serve those who refuse to help themselves won't be coming from yourself, correct? Your personal 'community' isn't black, it's based on those who are responsible for themselves, shunning all others?

Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 AM

19,910 posts, read 8,899,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
Such a broad statement, you can't be serious... there's trash of all levels and races...

People like you I hate with a passion, you generalize things way too much, GOD forbid a black guy throw a resume in front of you for a job, you'll probably hire him and run home to tell your family how you met a good negro today.

pathetic....
Wow, got tin foil hat?

Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM

7,103 posts, read 3,398,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
My gut tells me she is being sarcastic. I kind of like her.
I think it was pretty clear that she was being sarcastic. I just don't know what point she was trying to get across.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:42 AM

4,153 posts, read 6,728,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post
You can't make this up.

An unemployed mother of 15, probably never worked a day in her life, says 'somebody owes me.'

Makes me wonder if the Black community in this country will ever move forward. With the crime, drugs, poverty, etc and the culture of glorifying unemployment, gangs, drug dealers, not taking responsibility, etc I can't imagine things will ever change.

Some of the choice quotes:

Mother, 12 children leave motel for new home
One very fertile looney nutter does not represent an entire "community" as you put it.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 AM

6,865 posts, read 3,943,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
The white community does police it's own. That's why so many faith based orgs become a center for a local community. That's why we fought a civil war. That's how civil rights passed. It's not as if blacks voted for their own right to vote-- that was delivered by white people arguing very hard on your behalf with other white people (policing their own).

So now you want to go back to the Civil Rights era to look past inmoral, illegal and unacceptable behavior by your own culture, while berating blacks. NO one black or white is responsible for the next person's behavior. Where was the faith base during the child molestation cases in the catholic church? Where was the policing and faith base orgs during the Oklahoma bombing? Where was the policing and faith base orgs during the recent string of child rape's and murders?

My point is-- if you will review my lengthy post-- these black people really do believe that whites did this to them. White people can't help them. The only way reason will ever reach them is through one of their own. The same way the only people who can tell christian right how wrong they are-- other christians. Others outside the faith cannot understand and aren't qualified.

It is NOT my responsibility OR beneficial to my safety to walk up to a drug dealer and say. ..."hey, you shouldn't do that....get a job"....

Apparently you're voting for personal responsibility. NIMBY, and not my job. So the appeals for assistance to serve those who refuse to help themselves won't be coming from yourself, correct? Your personal 'community' isn't black, it's based on those who are responsible for themselves, shunning all others?
Since you've interpreted those questions from my response to this thread, let me say this clearly. This woman does not represent me, this woman does not represent the way I was raised. It is not my responsibility to be responsible for or hold this woman responsible for her actions. Are you responsible for the actions of a white child molester?

Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
Such a broad statement, you can't be serious... there's trash of all levels and races...

People like you I hate with a passion, you generalize things way too much, GOD forbid a black guy throw a resume in front of you for a job, you'll probably hire him and run home to tell your family how you met a good negro today.

pathetic....
Ohhh that reminds me of that crazy bat Bernice Clifton on designing women with a terrible crush on Anthony. Black man!! Black man! <mumbles something about mandingo>

Old 04-22-2010, 08:47 AM

19,910 posts, read 8,899,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Ohhh that reminds me of that crazy bat Bernice Clifton on designing women with a terrible crush on Anthony. Black man!! Black man! <mumbles something about mandingo>

Old 04-22-2010, 09:00 AM

17,582 posts, read 7,273,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
She sounds like she might have mental problems. It might be a good idea for the state to intervene.
You would think that after her 10th child, she might have been concerned her ability to properly care for so many children, and close her legs. She obviously has mental issues. They may all be "gifts from god" but they will end up being gifted with foster parents or an orphanage.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Since you've interpreted those questions from my response to this thread, let me say this clearly. This woman does not represent me, this woman does not represent the way I was raised. It is not my responsibility to be responsible for or hold this woman responsible for her actions. Are you responsible for the actions of a white child molester?
Something goes wrong in the church, people become aware of it, pursue it and continue pursuing it to this day. They are actively policing themselves, as does the jewish community in their own tradition. There is no such thing as pre crime, so holding anyone accountable for what didn't happen yet isn't rational. Dragging up history was only for the purpose of illustrating a tradition of micro communities policing themselves. That is the difference between christians, jews, and blacks who claim the black community isn't there. They don't have family to back them up when they have hard times.

Of course she doesn't represent you, that's why I addressed you-- you're above the problem. You've allowed a presumption to take hold of this dialog. I'm pointing at a problem and asking you in terms of political policy what the appropriate help (if any) is for this element of our society. By your manner of speech I'm hearing that troubled blacks aren't your community. I'll ask again; is your definition of 'community' only those who are responsible for themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies