Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:23 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post
You can't make this up.

An unemployed mother of 15, probably never worked a day in her life, says 'somebody owes me.'

Makes me wonder if the Black community in this country will ever move forward. With the crime, drugs, poverty, etc and the culture of glorifying unemployment, gangs, drug dealers, not taking responsibility, etc I can't imagine things will ever change.

Some of the choice quotes:

Mother, 12 children leave motel for new home

I guess she didn't get a TV deal, like some others have.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
How the hell can someone take care of 12 kids?

Utterly pathetic to say the least.

EDIT-Now I see the problem:

"I can have as many as I want to," she said. All her kids, she added, "are gifts from God."

LOL! There ya go.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:26 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Somebody please take up a collection. Somebody should buy this woman a new Hummer and Airstream trailer so she can drive around town.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
I'm pretty sure there are several agricultural jobs that could put her and the children to good labor. Hell, if she gets lucky, they'll get paid cash wages under the table, and then make a killing on her income tax filing!

God Bless America! Send us your tired, your poor, your taxpayer burdens...

Old 04-21-2010, 08:30 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So this 1 woman represents the black community? Yes another generalization.

I agree it may be stereotyping, not everybody fits into a mold despite what they look like, believe I know cause I have been stereotyped before.

And while this situation happens with white and hispanics also, there is a situation of the black community in lower income areas where fatherless kids or women with kids from multiple fathers who don't really take much responsibility happening rather often. So there is a problem to discuss even if it might be uncomfortable to do so.

Given that she is obviously coming from a low income situation, given that the dad is in prison which means he wasn't exactly a great choice to have kids with, she should have thought it out first, but didn't, or didn't care. And the sheriffs don't come take your kids for no reason. And that applies to any racial background.

I hope her kids somehow rise above and get educated and get out of the ghetto, otherwise a new generation will wind up being like this woman and like the prison father.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:30 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your just an uncle Tom
actually i am far from an uncle tom because i know where i come from and am very proud of the fact , and also i don't need white people to feel like i am above people. your dead wrong if you believe so.

and their are millions of blacks who share what i am sharing with you right now.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post
You can't make this up.

An unemployed mother of 15, probably never worked a day in her life, says 'somebody owes me.'

Makes me wonder if the Black community in this country will ever move forward. With the crime, drugs, poverty, etc and the culture of glorifying unemployment, gangs, drug dealers, not taking responsibility, etc I can't imagine things will ever change.

Some of the choice quotes:

Mother, 12 children leave motel for new home

This is a racist thread....I know white girls who have sex with lots of guys too, and have 4 or 5 kids...only difference is that in the white community the white girls usually have family to fall back on financially.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I'm pretty sure there are several agricultural jobs that could put her and the children to good labor. Hell, if she gets lucky, they'll get paid cash wages under the table, and then make a killing on her income tax filing!

God Bless America! Send us your tired, your poor, your taxpayer burdens...
Isnt that the truth, what do you get, $3500 per kid, * 12 kids? Didnt she just do her tax returns and what happened to all of the money that she needs to borrow from her family to stay in a hotel for a week..

Old 04-21-2010, 08:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
actually i am far from an uncle tom because i know where i come from and am very proud of the fact , and also i don't need white people to feel like i am above people. your dead wrong if you believe so.

and their are millions of blacks who share what i am sharing with you right now.
I was being sarcastic, but your comment was just as racist as the other posters.. Uncle Toms also know where they come from..

Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was being sarcastic, but your comment was just as racist as the other posters.. Uncle Toms also know where they come from..
my comment is not racist at all uncle toms are people who feel they are better then their own kind because they meet the standards of another kind that generally stereotypically oppresses their own kind.

with that being said i dont need to join a white world to be successful. and i said i dont need to not that i don't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies