Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 10:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

In just a few hours the President will be on Wall Street trying to get them to agree to his new plan for regulating them. The funny part is that they will probably go along with him.

While he is at it he will be ranting about Goldman Sachs knowing that the SEC is also after them. Actually he has so many former Goldman Sachs men in his administration that one wonders how they and AIG can still get along. Anyway here is a good article about them and what COULD be going on.

"Michelle Malkin: All the President's Goldman Sachs Men" - Patriot Update (http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/3438/Michelle-Malkin-All-the-Presidents-Goldman-Sachs-Men - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 11:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Thanks for posting this. There's nothing like a politician going after the businesses that pay the polticians to let them do business. This act of self-righteousness is mindboggling to say the least. Even after being called out by so many sources, he STILL thinks American's aren't paying attention. How does Obama look at himself in the mirror in the morning?

Barack Obama is not change. Barack Obama is the 536th member of a corrupt Congress.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:04 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,250 times
I knew there was corruption but that is absolutely disgusting how deep it is. They all need to be voted out. Charges should be brought against the crooked lot.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
I knew there was corruption but that is absolutely disgusting how deep it is. They all need to be voted out. Charges should be brought against the crooked lot.
Just more of the democratic culture of corruption

Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In just a few hours the President will be on Wall Street trying to get them to agree to his new plan for regulating them. The funny part is that they will probably go along with him.

While he is at it he will be ranting about Goldman Sachs knowing that the SEC is also after them. Actually he has so many former Goldman Sachs men in his administration that one wonders how they and AIG can still get along. Anyway here is a good article about them and what COULD be going on.

"Michelle Malkin: All the President's Goldman Sachs Men" - Patriot Update (http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/3438/Michelle-Malkin-All-the-Presidents-Goldman-Sachs-Men - broken link)
Roy the banking cartel and the FR run this country and have both parties firmly in their hands.The reason why I do not like Malkin is she is a neo con and a blind partisan.She acts like the Goldman and the banking cartel connection just started with Obama,funny how she never mentions Hank Paulson{former Gold***** who was Bush's treasury sec.I am sure the banking cartel had their boys in the mix when Bush was POTUS.Face it,this has been going on for a long time.
On another note,our old forum friend Da King has written a good piece on his blog about how the reform does not fix anything.Here are some quotes:
Quote:
Reading through the Senate proposal for financial regulation reform, I was struck first by what the bill doesn't seem to do…
It doesn't end subprime mortgages or adjustable-rate mortgages.
It doesn't end derivatives.
It doesn't break up institutions that are "too big to fail."
It doesn't regulate Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.
It doesn't stop the massive bundling and securitizing of mortgage loans.

All Da King's Men — (http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/da_kings_men/ - broken link)
I agree with him,the bill is not meant to do anything.Do you really think our gutless leaders would bite the hand that feeds them?The bankers are passing out millions to both parties and will get their way like they always do.I know you are not so naive to think that if the banks needed another bail out our gutless leaders would stiff them.
Malkin is trying to convince the ignorant that it is only the {D}s that are in the pocket of GS and the banksters.You did not fall for that ploy,right Roy?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:55 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Roy the banking cartel and the FR run this country and have both parties firmly in their hands.The reason why I do not like Malkin is she is a neo con and a blind partisan.She acts like the Goldman and the banking cartel connection just started with Obama,funny how she never mentions Hank Paulson{former Gold***** who was Bush's treasury sec.I am sure the banking cartel had their boys in the mix when Bush was POTUS.Face it,this has been going on for a long time.
On another note,our old forum friend Da King has written a good piece on his blog about how the reform does not fix anything.Here are some quotes:

I agree with him,the bill is not meant to do anything.Do you really think our gutless leaders would bite the hand that feeds them?The bankers are passing out millions to both parties and will get their way like they always do.I know you are not so naive to think that if the banks needed another bail out our gutless leaders would stiff them.
Malkin is trying to convince the ignorant that it is only the {D}s that are in the pocket of GS and the banksters.You did not fall for that ploy,right Roy?
Reid, long time no see. I will not comment on Malkin partisan rants, but did you read about the Fed profits today?

Yep, they raked in a meager $52 BILLION. Not too bad, not too bad. Running a money print seems to be good business. They make more and more every year. Google "Fed profits" for news. Trying to track what happens to all that money is a difficult task. In theory it is supposed to be returned to the Treasury and tax-payer, but is it really? How to you return something to the tax-payer, when it was never collected form the taxpayer? Do they just eliminate the money, and hence eliminate the "debt to future generations"? I suppose that would be good, but I'd like to know what really happens to it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-22-2010 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-22-2010, 12:58 PM

470 posts, read 461,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Reid, long time no see. I will not comment on Malkin partisan rants, but did you read about the Fed profits today?

Yep, they raked in a meager $52 BILLION. Not too bad, not too bad. Running a money print seems to be good business. They seems to make more and more every year. Google "Fed profits" for news

You support that? The FED is the biggest ponzi scheme known to man and you support what they are doing?

Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
You support that? The FED is the biggest ponzi scheme known to man and you support what they are doing?
Where did I say I support it? I have called for the abolishement of the Fed for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies