Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:19 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm not "upset" about "Earth Day". I just ignore it. I didn't even know it was "Earth Day" until I heard it mentioned on the radio. Awe shucks. I missed it.

I don't worship the Earth. I worship the Creator, Jesus Christ, who created all things.
Exactly! We don't need to save this Earth, because very soon Jesus is coming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 05:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What are you talking about?
I couldn't care less about "Earth Day". I didn't even know it was today (apparently). Are we supposed to do something?

It was a little chilly this morning. I had my heater on as usual for a chilly morning. I pay the bill, so it's nobody elses business.

I mowed the lawn yesterday. Not sure how many acres I mow — I own almost 11, much of it is wooded. The trees that come up volunteer will probably have to be thinned out again soon. I did some logging (or had it done) about ten years ago. But trees grow fast.

I do have some young trees that need to be ripped out. Probably take care of that soon.

I plant a vegetable garden every year. Will that satisfy the environmental Nazis?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Just another day, I pay no attention to it.

Though I did read that Arctic ice growth is up to its highest levels in eight years. Maybe all that positive thought is making it grow?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:36 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Whats the big deal? you celebrate Lenin's birthday by hugging a tree and I will celebrate by letting my car idol all day long!
Must be nice to afford to waste fuel like that, I am celebrating Peter Frampton
and Jack Nicholson's birthdays by sitting under a tree smoking a big fat doobie!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
uh huh
I suppose you will tell us next your gas mileage is better too.
Hey - facts are facts. Perhaps, like my aunt, you fail to realize that higher gas mileage and cleaner emissions don't always go hand-in-hand. A big new SUV pollutes a lot less than a 20-year-old Honda Civic.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Who is upset? I think its funny as heck Obama and Biden took 2 different planes to go to the same place basically and then have the jets fly around and waste jet fuel

I mean talk about being hypocritical
I agree that it is a waste of fuel but isn't it smart for the President and the Vice President to be on separate planes in the event of an accident? Did we learn nothing from the plane crash that killed much of the Polish government? Hasn't it always been protocol for them to take separate planes?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:54 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I agree that it is a waste of fuel but isn't it smart for the President and the Vice President to be on separate planes in the event of an accident? Did we learn nothing from the plane crash that killed much of the Polish government? Hasn't it always been protocol for them to take separate planes?
Good point...

Old 04-22-2010, 05:56 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Someone is upset?

Do the same people (if any) get upset over National Cucumber Day too?
Man you got me doing a search to see if thats real

Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I think smart for earth day would to do a broadcast from the white house and saying I am doing this in support of Earth day I would love to be there but I am not going to use jet fuel on this day.

I think its very hypocritical to be going to an event for earth day and wasting that much fuel.

If you want to stand for something and support it actually support it

Old 04-22-2010, 06:05 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I think smart for earth day would to do a broadcast from the white house and saying I am doing this in support of Earth day I would love to be there but I am not going to use jet fuel on this day.

I think its very hypocritical to be going to an event for earth day and wasting that much fuel.

If you want to stand for something and support it actually support it
Well that would have been an acceptable alternative depending on what they had planned. I was gobsmacked that after what just happened in Poland folks were suggesting that they fly together. I imagine some on cd might welcome a plane accident taking them both out, but in reality, it is stupid to have them fly together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies