Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Let's see here:

The president is a Democrat.

The people who are most likely to protest against him are:

A. Democrats
B. Republicans

Last I heard black people make up about 13% of the U.S. population. It's also safe to say that most of them are Democrats. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one.
That being said, how many black people would one expect to see in the Tea Party ranks?
I'll leave the math to you. I do find it interesting however, that you seem rather pleased in confirming that the Teabaggers are almost all white..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 09:25 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
I find it amazing that the opponents insist the tea partiers are not significant yet they have an absolute obsession with them. And rather than counter their actual ideas (less government, less taxes, etc.), the only attack they can come up with is a poor attempt at using the race card.

Reads to me like the tea party is winning.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Check it out...I bet Faux News and Glenn Beck aren't interested in this conclusion:
That was just another way of admitting that they didn't want to say 670,000 because it sounds like so many when they don't want it to be so many. That is another bit of politician/media double talk. I wonder how many of us saw that number in reading that thing. Surely someone would have said something if they had seen it. Oh my God, do you suppose all those conservative sounding people didn't actually read your link the same way you people do with ours?

That was false surprise from me. Fun though.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Frightened people always exaggerate their numbers and importance.

Yep, and if this report is anywhere near the truth...Faux News, Limbaugh, and the rest of the wingnut echo chamber have been doing some big time exaggerating..

Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
what exactly is the truth you speak of?

Hopefully it is something along the lines that tax payer dollars are continually wasted in the massive sea of beauracracy in Washington. And that many people; left, right, republican, democrat, libertarian, green, etc... are sick of the Big Whigs in this nation only serving themselves.

Every incumbant should be voted out in Novemeber. And whoever has the majority better get the message they will be voted out if they do not do what is in the best interests of this Great Nation.
I saw one of the greatest bumper stickers I have seen lately the other day.

RE-ELECT
NOBODY

Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That was just another way of admitting that they didn't want to say 670,000 because it sounds like so many when they don't want it to be so many. That is another bit of politician/media double talk. I wonder how many of us saw that number in reading that thing. Surely someone would have said something if they had seen it. Oh my God, do you suppose all those conservative sounding people didn't actually read your link the same way you people do with ours?

That was false surprise from me. Fun though.

Yeah you must be right roysoldboy. Everything that doesn't come from Beck and Faux is double talk and lies. Now you're even doubting the CSM..

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Even if the 67,000 or so members we have identified overall understates the number of tea partyers by a factor of 10, the number would still be fairly small in relation to the electorate as a whole. That may change, of course. It’s still very early in the 2010 campaign. But the tea-party movement, though growing, is probably not yet a major force in American politics.
But its enough to cause liberals to create thread, after thread, after thread...

Obviously you think they hold relevance enough to keep talking about them..

Old 04-23-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I'll leave the math to you. I do find it interesting however, that you seem rather pleased in confirming that the Teabaggers are almost all white..
Why do you have to keep on with the racist talk about the Tea Party movement? You wouldn't, by any chance, get paid a bit to keep up that racist Pelosi?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:

You have it all wrong. What pleases me is confirming that your thread is full of hot air. It has a familiar smell....it's just coming from a different pile this time around....

Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why do you have to keep on with the racist talk about the Tea Party movement? You wouldn't, by any chance, get paid a bit to keep up that racist Pelosi?
I didn't write the piece. Though it does validate what myself and many others have been charging..

Quote:
As one might predict, the two community types with the highest percentage of African-Americans score lowest in terms of tea-party membership
Btw, Pelosi's a racist? Another Beck pronouncement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies