Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

I guess politician speak has to change from time to time but in this case think how many of us were lied to. Here we have a great example of politician double talk to defend something that I consider indefensible. Listen to the President's "man" before you are reminded of another of the campaign promises that turned out to be one of the biggest lies of recent times.

YouTube - President Obama vs Senator Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
I can't hear this video at work, but if you really want to make the Obama-zombies crazy ask them how come Obama extended the Patriot Act without any significant reforms.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I can't hear this video at work, but if you really want to make the Obama-zombies crazy ask them how come Obama extended the Patriot Act without any significant reforms.
Also how come Obama doesn't care as much for the public school system as he did forcing the health care law? I know liberals will say "well that is the very thing that Tea Partiers are mad about...taxing the public even more" Even so the Tea Party had no say in what law Obama passed because it was forced through anyways, so why doesn't Obama force through a law or bail out the public school system like he does other people?

thousands of teacher are about to lose their jobs leaving a 40 to 1 ratio for students to teachers in lots of school districts. I guess education isn't so important to this administration. We wouldn't want the kids to learn how to think and figure out that we are getting screwed as they get older right? That way people that are kids now will just comply in the future with any forced laws because they won't be educated enough to understand history.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Utter sour grapes nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess politician speak has to change from time to time but in this case think how many of us were lied to. Here we have a great example of politician double talk to defend something that I consider indefensible. Listen to the President's "man" before you are reminded of another of the campaign promises that turned out to be one of the biggest lies of recent times.

The biggest lie of our times was the one that told 61 million that the village idiot should be reelected (and elected in the first place).

Candidate Obama proved superior in every respect. President Obama lifting this country out of the biggest mess in history left by Republicans, Neocons, and Bush...and don't you forget it either.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 AM

Reports Indicate U.S. is Mobilizing for War in Iran - Salem-News.Com

Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default President Obama vs Senator Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I see...

He bothered you as a senator, but you hate him as president.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 AM

Expect false flag terrorist attack to precede invasion of Iran | Rebel News - Independent News and Analysis (http://www.rebelnews.org/opinion/war/198595-expect-false-flag-terrorist-attack-to-precede-invasion-of-iran - broken link)

Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Talking Oh no! A "reb" hates Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Expect false flag terrorist attack to precede invasion of Iran | Rebel News - Independent News and Analysis (http://www.rebelnews.org/opinion/war/198595-expect-false-flag-terrorist-attack-to-precede-invasion-of-iran - broken link)

Rebel News opinion piece is all opinion.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Rebel News opinion piece is all opinion.

Not saying for sure that it is going to happen, but if it does than I think we should at least raise questions and not just accept what the media force feeds us.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
If he is executing priveleges granted by the Patriot Act, wouldn't that make him favorable to Republicans?
I'd love it if a Republican president carries out the HC bill...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies