Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

We know this isn't true, well, most of us do, but that ignorance of the issue is what obama counts on - that, and a lenient press that will give him a pass for the bald-faced lie.

PolitiFact | Obama campaign financed by large donors, too

Quote:
What jumped out at us in this exchange was Obama's statement, "the vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country." We've seen that statement repeated elsewhere, but the evidence doesn't back it up.
He really has no shame in the various lies that so easily slip from his lips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 10:30 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Obama is slick he has like a spell over some people that all that comes out of his mouth is fact

Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 AM

470 posts, read 461,918 times
George Soros and other foreigners were his biggest donors. Why do you think he went to great lengths to hide who the donors were? Funny, that now, Dems want to pass a bill that states you can't get foreign donations and have to be transparent as to where the money came from. LMAO, it worked so good for Obama, they don't want anyone using it against them!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:02 PM

68 posts, read 36,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We know this isn't true, well, most of us do, but that ignorance of the issue is what obama counts on - that, and a lenient press that will give him a pass for the bald-faced lie.

PolitiFact | Obama campaign financed by large donors, too

He really has no shame in the various lies that so easily slip from his lips.
"In the general election, Obama got about 34 percent of his individual donations from small donors, people who gave $200 or less, according to a report from the Campaign Finance Institute. Another 23 percent of donations came from people who gave between $201 and $999, and another 42 percent from people who gave $1,000 or more."

34+23=57..If my math is correct that means the majority 57% of donors dontated less than $1000.

Sounds like Obama told the truth.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
$1000 donations are not classified as small.

And...we should believe YOUR interpretation over Politifact, which lists this as a blatant lie?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelosi View Post
"In the general election, Obama got about 34 percent of his individual donations from small donors, people who gave $200 or less, according to a report from the Campaign Finance Institute. Another 23 percent of donations came from people who gave between $201 and $999, and another 42 percent from people who gave $1,000 or more."

34+23=57..If my math is correct that means the majority 57% of donors dontated less than $1000.

Sounds like Obama told the truth.
I guess it all depends on how much the other 43% gave.

Since you appear to like math so much...
If 99% of the public donate $1, and the other 1% donates $1,000,000... did you get more money, or less money from small donors?

The topic says "vast majority of MONEY", not vast majority of donators...

BTW, I dont think I've met anything funnier on CD, (and I've read lots of histerical things here), than someone who chose the name "Pelosi".. ooohh the laughter!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
$1000 donations are not classified as small.

And...we should believe YOUR interpretation over Politifact, which lists this as a blatant lie?
Ahh, so it's up to "interpretation" and NOT fact. There's no "boldface lie" if it's up to interpretation..57% is more than 43%..Sorry but you can't change that FACT.

Interesting that conservatives are complaining about donations. Shouldn't you be at the stripclub spending taxpayer money?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelosi View Post
Ahh, so it's up to "interpretation" and NOT fact. There's no "boldface lie" if it's up to interpretation..57% is more than 43%..Sorry but you can't change that FACT.

Interesting that conservatives are complaining about donations. Shouldn't you be at the stripclub spending taxpayer money?
I must say that I saw lists of some of the names who gave small amounts and too many of them were not from this country. I am sure that if the truth were known very much of that money was handed out by Soros and others and then handed in since nothing had to be done to prove anything. some of your small donors had the same names as many Mickey Mouse and other characters.

Please don't take offense at me calling lies Pelosi since I have been doing that for a couple of years instead of using the more common bs. I think Pelosi sounds so much more like the crap so often. I won't stop just to keep from hurting you or anybody else.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I must say that I saw lists of some of the names who gave small amounts and too many of them were not from this country. I am sure that if the truth were known very much of that money was handed out by Soros and others and then handed in since nothing had to be done to prove anything. some of your small donors had the same names as many Mickey Mouse and other characters.

Please don't take offense at me calling lies Pelosi since I have been doing that for a couple of years instead of using the more common bs. I think Pelosi sounds so much more like the crap so often. I won't stop just to keep from hurting you or anybody else.
I take no offense to anything on an annonymous message board..If you think ANY politician actually knows where every dime they receive comes from, you're kidding yourself.

I wonder how much the Saudi royal family gave the Bush administrationS.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Obama is a master of deception. He is a typical politician who happened to be at the right place at the right time.

How's the "Hopey Changey" thing working out for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies