Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times

Advertisements

I should start a thread and ask why lefties have a problem with this law.

It's lefties always talking about how great government is and how they treat everyone equally and correct all injustices. Perceived or real.

Why all of a sudden the distrust in the government to do their jobs?

What's with all the hypocrisy?

Old 04-24-2010, 02:12 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Really, so these rural podunk cops with have the manpower to transport these suspected illegals to a Federal lockup in Florence? "Tent City"..Did you just invoke "Tent City"? LOL..Joe Arpaio is one Sheriff, NO OTHER SHERIFF has said they would do this. This is a STATE LAW. So basically EVERY PERSON DETAINED UNDER THIS LAW WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE COURT SYSTEM..Have they hired more judges and court staff to cover the new influx? Will there be bail? Where will kids be housed? Not in jail or Tint City..WHat of a locality refuses to enforce the law because they can't? Your answers are a clear example of how AWFUL a LAW this is..
First off, Phoenix is a city of 4.5+ million, it is NOT rural or "podunk" please leave your derogatory comments out of this.

Yes, we have the man power to bring illegals to tent city, Maricopa county police force is quite large.
Yes, they will all have access to the court system.
I expect they may hire more court staff, probably not more judges. There will not be a "massive" influx as you are suggesting. Every court system has strain on it.
The kids will likely go into foster care for the time being.
None of the suburbs of Phoenix refused to comply with the new law.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelosi View Post
Typical teaparty type response.

Nobody said that..We do advocate common sense and freedom and giving police the authority to profile people does not represent freedom or common sense. If YOU don't hire them, they wont come.

Nice try. I don't hire them. Before you come back with "the fruit you eat is picked by illegals" or etc.....Give me a ist of companies tha hire illegals and they won't see a cent of my money. I'll gladly pay more for a head of lettuce to maintain the sovereignty of our country and keep the illegals from bankrupting us through paying for services for their anchor babies.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Nice try. I don't hire them. Before you come back with "the fruit you eat is picked by illegals" or etc.....Give me a ist of companies tha hire illegals and they won't see a cent of my money. I'll gladly pay more for a head of lettuce to maintain the sovereignty of our country and keep the illegals from bankrupting us through paying for services for their anchor babies.
You got that right Rick,I would pay more and if neccessary they could import more in from elsewhere and we wouldn't need to subsidize these criminals.There are millions of poor honest people from all over the world willing to come here LEGALLY and work.We don't need any more Anchor Babies and Parasites here sucking off Social Services meant for AMERICANS down on their luck.The only people that really benefit are dishonest employers paying slave wages and getting rich off stupid Illegal Aliens,if anyone has a complaint take it up with them.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 PM

68 posts, read 36,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
First off, Phoenix is a city of 4.5+ million, it is NOT rural or "podunk" please leave your derogatory comments out of this.

Yes, we have the man power to bring illegals to tent city, Maricopa county police force is quite large.
Yes, they will all have access to the court system.
I expect they may hire more court staff, probably not more judges. There will not be a "massive" influx as you are suggesting. Every court system has strain on it.
The kids will likely go into foster care for the time being.
None of the suburbs of Phoenix refused to comply with the new law.
Phoenix does NOT represent the entire state and neither does Maricopa County. There are rural PODUNK areas of every state. YOU can't definitively say "we" have the manpower. Police need to police not be psuedo INS Agents. "You expect" they may hire more court staff..Shouldn't that be a known before you sign law? Did you say "likely" foster care? So an illegal kid will stay on Arizona's dime while his illegal parents sit detained "somewhere" on the states dime for an undisclosed period waiting to go through deportation? Again, Phoenix is NOT the entire state..Sounds like NOBODY knows what is going on in Arizona with everything being "likely".

Old 04-24-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post

It's lefties always talking about how great government is and how they treat everyone equally and correct all injustices. Perceived or real.

Why all of a sudden the distrust in the government to do their jobs?

What's with all the hypocrisy?
In this case the Arizona government is creating the injustice, huge difference.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:24 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Sounds like NOBODY knows what is going on in Arizona...
Nobody except you, of course.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Nobody except you, of course.
LOL...ye of NO answers has joined the thread.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Phoenix does NOT represent the entire state and neither does Maricopa County. There are rural PODUNK areas of every state. YOU can't definitively say "we" have the manpower. Police need to police not be psuedo INS Agents. "You expect" they may hire more court staff..Shouldn't that be a known before you sign law? Did you say "likely" foster care? So an illegal kid will stay on Arizona's dime while his illegal parents sit detained "somewhere" on the states dime for an undisclosed period waiting to go through deportation? Again, Phoenix is NOT the entire state..Sounds like NOBODY knows what is going on in Arizona with everything being "likely".
If you did some checking rather than just run off at the mouth, you would see and find that there are systems already in place for dealing with illegal immigrants who are "detained" by law enforcement in all areas of Arizona. In Pima County, many officers employed by the Pima County Sheriff are also certified by ICE - same with Yuma County, Coconino County and so on.

You evidently don't know it so, let me give you a little tidbit of what happens when an "illegal immigrant" is discovered: They are transported to the County Jail (whatever County they are in). They are booked and given a health check. Food and water are provided. A Bus, belonging to ICE is provided for transportation to the ICE holding area in Florence. And yes, those buses are running day and night.

Once turned over to ICE, they are then processed for immediate deportation back to their home country.

Now, with this new law, there will have to be an arraignment / prelim, assignment of counsel (lots of good work for the law students ) -

Personally, I don't know why you have your panties all bunched up into a knot -

Old 04-24-2010, 02:33 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
LOL...ye of NO answers has joined the thread.
Oh, I have an answer. Verisign. (For you, I suggest Clanozepam. You'll feel much better.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies