Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When it comes to racism,, who do you connect more to racism, Obama's 20 year pastor Rev. Wright or a
Obama's 20 year Pastor Rev. Wright is more racist 79 64.23%
Tea Party member 38 30.89%
Other 6 4.88%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:54 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
When it comes to racism,, who do you connect more to racism, Obama's 20 year pastor Rev. Wright or an average tea party member
Why would anyone think Tea Partiers are racist? The Tea Parties are about out-of-control government spending, taxation, regulation, and failing to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Tea Parties are about restoring the principles of our founding. How is it that you think race comes into play?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I believe both Wright and certain elements of the TP are racist. So I answered "other".

Nothing new.
"Certain elements"? Like ...? Do you have some examples (certified examples, not people posing as Tea Partiers).

Old 04-25-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wright, along with his pupil hussein obama, are all out America hating racist. The people of the Tea Party are not racist. Most of the racist can be found among the left wingers and we see it every day on CD.
How true.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:08 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
are you kidding,

obama spent 20 years in that church..suposedly going almost every week

wright was obama MENTOR, the rev who married him, baptized his kids

he (obama) even used wrights surmon in one of his books..."white mans greed feeds a world in need"...........

case closed
Obama is a muslim.. A "Christian" church fit his political needs at the time.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:08 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Very good thread. You have Wright who is a proven hater and who has some very racist views and is sadly tolerated by those around him for whatever reasons. Then you have a very few on the fringe of the Tea Party Movement who likewise share racist views that some opponents would use to try to define the movement. A mean spirited and petty tactic, but luckily its been seen through and thus ignored by the vast majority of thinking americans.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
No option for both? I abstain my vote. Tea has many prejudices, not all of them have to do with racism. I'd venture to guess 10% of their grievance is about race, but the rest is misc. prejudice stoked by propaganda.
I'd venture to guess you are 100% wrong on both counts.

Can you give some examples of "propaganda" that you think is "stoking" the tea parties?

I think most "tea partiers" are much better informed than most of the liberals posting on here that are disparaging them. I have been to a "Tea Party". I listened to the speeches on the Constitution. I listened to the speeches given on our spending and what it means. None of the speakers are stupid people. They know what they are talking about. Some are business owners, so they know what it means for them when the government over regulates, or "mandates" certain things.

I think most people here on C-D totally underestimate the Tea Party movement. Fine with me. It's better for us if you do.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
My boyfriend's aunt went to the recent Tea Party gathering in Washington, DC. She normally lives in Florida and is a conservative christian married woman in her 50's. She even camped out on the Washington Mall. She said that she saw no signs of violence or anyone being racist. She thought the several day gathering was very peaceful. All she is interested in is our government being more fiscally responsible.
That's what it's all about.

Obamamaniacs and the progressive movement see us as a threat to their agenda.

End of story.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
It's sad that you have been so badly misinformed... If you knew, or cared about, the truth, you would be a Tea Party Republican...
Learn and be set free....
She's from Norway. She couldn't care less. She's an observer.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM

527 posts, read 467,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Certain elements"? Like ...? Do you have some examples (certified examples, not people posing as Tea Partiers).
That is sort of funny- 'posing as tea partiers'-who are posing as the original colonial Boston Tea Party crowd, who were originally posing as Native Americans, so the Native Americans just might take the blame for the act-

Maybe some of those that rightwingers hate on the left are just right wingers 'posing' as liberals to give them a bad name-

Old 04-25-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
I love how right wingers keep using this Rev. Wright to try to discredit Obama- so basically the argument they use is that since Wright made some outrageous statements, and since Obama belonged to his church, Obama is somehow part of what he said-or must agree or believe with what he said-even though Obama disassociated himself from the church due to the things Wright said-
He sat and listened to this guy for 20 years!!! Are you kidding me? You think if Obama didn't agree with him he would stick around? Give me a break!
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
By that logic, anyone who belongs, or belonged, to a church that had a priest molesting children had something to do with that too-and must surely agree with him doing it- after all they were members of his church-and may have known the priest for years-
Duh? That's right. Knowlege of a crime and doing nothing is complicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies