Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I stated I disagreed with the invasion. Iraq may have been wrong, but getting Saddam was not.

In an America under threat by al Qaeda, HOW did deposing Saddam, an enemy of al Qaeda, benefit America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 06:49 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
He's already told us what his greatest accomplishment was. It wasn't at the end of both terms, but in around 2006 he said that his greatest accomplishment was catching a 7 1/2 pound perch.

Unfortunately the link is broken, but here's the headline: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12683890/

Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default What was George W. Bush's greatest achievement while he was president?

He didn't veto the National Do Not Call List.

Other than that, he worked diligently against the interests of the American public while enriching the already wealthy. He will rightly go down in history as one of the worst ever.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
He didn't veto the National Do Not Call List.

Other than that, he worked diligently against the interests of the American public while enriching the already wealthy. He will rightly go down in history as one of the worst ever.
Pretty clearly, THE worst ever.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:28 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
The biggest achievement for the Bush Administration..........I will have to seriously consider that one................Dont want to rush in to quick.............Dont want to give cowboy type quick draw answer....
Anything worth catching is worth cleaning........so can I get back in say..........8 years.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of Bush but the country was quite a bit less polarized while he was in office than it is now. Sure, there were disgruntled liberals but the country was not nearly as polarized as this administration is making it. The country is truly split down the middle, people are very frustrated, and I can almost see a 2nd civil war of sorts coming to a boil. I can honestly say I felt more safe having Bush in office than I do with Obama. A chain of events will soon trigger an ugly response in the American public and I for one am preparing for some violent act to set the nation into a frenzy.
It is not the administration that is polarizing this country, which, BTW was equally as polarized during the Bush years. It is the way the disgruntled citizens - the right wing, these days - is handling their unhappiness. When Bush was selected as President by SCOTUS, there was GREAT dissatisfaction with the way the country was going, but the dissatisfied were on the opposite end of the Bell Curve than the current bunch of tea bagging whiners, who avidly follow the inflammatory rants of posturing demagogues to find out what their thought for the day should be and, like sheep, are easily herded into arenas to vent their misguided spleens.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 AM

527 posts, read 467,639 times
Well, one achievement of Bush was to take more vacation time in his first year than any other previous recent president- its sort of funny that the Republicans-Reagan, Bush 1, Bush2 took more time off than Carter or Clinton did in their first years in office-guess those hard working American work ethic Repubs need more time off to rest their backs from lugging around those fat wallets in their pockets-

I am so glad that Bush W was taking time off from his job, less chance for him to screw up-

Old 04-25-2010, 08:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Thumbs up What was George W. Bush's greatest achievement while he was president?

His unmatched record of failure set the table for Obama's election. Without Bush, Obama would still be an Illinois state senator.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:41 AM

645 posts, read 1,964,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In an America under threat by al Qaeda, HOW did deposing Saddam, an enemy of al Qaeda, benefit America?

I think deposing of Saddam actually caused the US problems. Sure Saddam was a brutal dictator.... just like many other bad guys, however he wasn't a threat to the US.

1. It made Iran stronger

2. It allowed Al Qaida to progress in Iraq.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:43 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
getting americans to cheer while he raped the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies