Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 04:28 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
Obama did it!!!!!!!!!! Bush was blamed in Katrina and supposedly was the mastermind behind 9-11 right? It would make perfect sense for someone to blame Obaba for the oil in the Gulf since he is really against off shore drilling. He may have said a couple of times that he is for it but we know the truth. Someone should do some investigating on this one.
It was probably just another deliberate accident that was nobody's fault.....except, for perhaps, Bush's.
And what oily goop that makes it to shore.....apparently has its sights on the Louisiana coastline.

I swear.....someone or something must HATE that state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an act of environmental terrorism triggered
by the President's fake willingness to start off shore drilling.
Sound plausible doesn't it?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I do feel for those states...it's coming up on summer vacation time and the gulf will be a mess.
Watch many mom and pop's close up shop because for them summer is make it or break it.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Obama did it!!!!!!!!!! Bush was blamed in Katrina and supposedly was the mastermind behind 9-11 right? It would make perfect sense for someone to blame Obaba for the oil in the Gulf since he is really against off shore drilling. He may have said a couple of times that he is for it but we know the truth. Someone should do some investigating on this one.
Anyone who says that Bush is to blame for 9/11, is stupid, and needs to get the help of a certified psychologist.

The Hurricane Katrina itself, of course, wasn't Bush's fault either. However, the clean up, and waiting DAYS before help arrived, was partly his fault. I don't let the Governor, the Mayor, and several other officials off the hook either, but you honestly can't let him slide.

Now, as far as the oil spill.

Just yesterday, they thought the well was only pumping out 1/5th of the oil it actually is. This is because BP told the federal government, that the blow back valve on the pipe, had held. A blow back valve allows the main well to seal itself, if ruptured. It didn't work, so now they know that there is more than 5 times the amount of oil, previously thought to be coming out.

President Obama had a staff meeting about this, this morning. He has instructed the Navy, at Pensacola NAS to start taking action to try and contain the spill, as much as possible. He is also sending more people (he has already sent some) to the Mississippi delta, to give him updates on the situation.

He is also going to hold British Petroleum accountable for the disaster, and make them pay us back for all actions we take.

I'd say, he is doing a better job with this disaster, than Bush did with Katrina.

And lets be honest, a oil spill isn't nearly as bad as the biggest, baddest Hurricane we've ever seen.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
I can't believe it. All those whales and dolphins. From what I understand there's a dwindling sperm whale population in the area. So many creatures are going to die.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,082 times
Quote:
Obama did it!!!!!!!!!! It would make perfect sense for someone to blame Obaba for the oil in the Gulf since he is really against off shore drilling. He may have said a couple of times that he is for it but we know the truth.
"... we know the truth." Oh, brother!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I can't believe it. All those whales and dolphins. From what I understand there's a dwindling sperm whale population in the area. So many creatures are going to die.
Don't forget about shellfish and there are a number of wetlands there that serve as home to many species.

If it hits the coast (and they fear it will) it will be an ecological disaster.
They are still cleaning up oil from the Valdez spill believe it or not.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Actually it is very suspicious. There is so much safety equipment on these rigs, and sub-sea B.O.P. devices that this is highly unlikely.

This has never happened before. I spent many years working for companies supplying equipment (underwater T.V. systems, remote controlled vehicles, etc) to the offshore drilling and commercial diving industry. This is very suspicious. I don't remember anything like this happening ever, and these rigs are always being made safer.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
Drill Baby Drill!

. . . and when something bad happens. . . keep mouth shut and ignore it
No, you fix it and keep drilling. That has always been the American way. You don't give up.

Americans are not cowards. We are not quitters. If we quit, the rest of the world will pass us by.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, you fix it and keep drilling. That has always been the American way. You don't give up.

Americans are not cowards. We are not quitters. If we quit, the rest of the world will pass us by.
The American way is, you fix it when you have no other choice, or you come up with a better answer.

There are better answers than off shore drilling. If we put more money into R&D, like China is, we could start coming up with an alternative energy source.

While we'll still need oil, there will be less of a demand for it.

I look forward to the day when we'll only need oil for lubrication, and manufactured products, instead of heating, and gasoline. Drilling for more oil, isn't the answer. The answer is to innovate off of oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies