Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 09:00 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times

Advertisements

I heard Powell speaking this weekend & read an interview, sounds to me like Powell is stumping for veep for either party. Now that he has been out of the limelight & Barrack Hussein Obama may have replaced him as the magic negro, It looks like he is out there looking for some renewed attention, consulting Obama & "anyone else" on all things foreign! The funny thing is he does not want to run for elected office but would not rule out serving in public office! HMMMM....... My Way News - Powell Gives Obama Foreign Policy Advice Obama the 'Magic Negro' - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 09:04 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,231,924 times
I don't want Powell as veep. He's got no backbone.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,897,353 times
Obama needs any help he can get.

Powell was wonderfully ineffective in his previous job. He neither believed in Bush's mission (for which he was hired), nor did he actively oppose the plan and present (what would be considered as a moral duty, if he did believed the war was wrong) an alternative or roadblock to it. No, he passively went along as an enabler. I would love that kind of advisor.

McCain/Powell 2008! ... on the one hand yea, and the other hand nay! McCain Powell: For a deer-in-the-headlights America!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:02 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,020 times
This comment may come back to haunt me, but I don't think Colin Powelll had a fighting chance in the State department given his more moderate leanings. He knew he couldn't win and what may have incriminated him was some old fashioned "say the right stuff or else." Yes, he could have stood stronger on some of the issues, but I still think there was and still is a whole lot that we won't ever find out about Iraq and the days and weeks leading up to our arrival there.

Had he run for President, he would have had my vote - certainly he appeared to be a better man than what we have now.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,897,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
This comment may come back to haunt me, but I don't think Colin Powelll had a fighting chance in the State department given his more moderate leanings. He knew he couldn't win and what may have incriminated him was some old fashioned "say the right stuff or else." Yes, he could have stood stronger on some of the issues, but I still think there was and still is a whole lot that we won't ever find out about Iraq and the days and weeks leading up to our arrival there.
He was a very State Department guy, as the State Department was working against him, and the political leadership of the CIA served the interests of the President, despite what many say is the disinterest or opposition of the CIA in doing so.

I have never liked ********, Card (ugh!), Chertoff, Gutierrez, Mineta, Powell, Rice, Ridge, Spellings, or Whitman. The Bush cabinets have long been full of lard.
Abraham, Bolten, Chao, Martinez, Portman, Rumsfeld, and Thompson never bothered me. (Yes, Rummy probably should.) Bolten and Portman have served this country well in foreign policy, much better than Powell and Rice.

I'm pretty much indifferent between Gale Norton and Janet Reno. Norton never got tested by a real Waco or anything like that.
Hey, isn't the Secretary of the Interior accountable on immigration issues?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,020 times
"Hey, isn't the Secretary of the Interior accountable on immigration issues?"

Only if you're a fish, bird or anything non-human. :-)

Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,136,874 times
& Barrack Hussein Obama may have replaced him as the magic negro

Old 06-11-2007, 03:59 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,502,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
...certainly he appeared to be a better man than what we have now.
Well, duh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies