Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:25 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You'd think if illegal immigration were SO horrible lots of businesses would be trying to get something done about it.

If Arizona REALLY wanted to get a handle on illegal immigration, they'd go after the businesses and people who employ illegal immigrants.
That is true but it is easier to pick on poor Mexicans who cannot fight back. I am for going after BOTH but along with an amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 09:26 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Because they don't vote.
Yes, illegals can vote and drive in some places in the US. An illegal, or anybody else, can use his driver's license to vote. In a lot of places one has not to show a picture ID to vote.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
The penalty isn't steep enough for the employers to worry about.
A fine and a slap on the wrist and they go right back to square one.

Why such leniency towards employers ? Why not hard jail time..2 years min.
Such a lax law and penalty is akin to telling them it's ok to hire illegals.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is true but it is easier to pick on poor Mexicans who cannot fight back. I am for going after BOTH but along with an amnesty.
If our economy were in better shape, I could conceivably support amnesty.

I'm on the fence with immigration reform.
I think if you've been here a long while, haven't committed any crimes and all that good stuff, you should be put on the path towards citizenship. You should pay fines and back taxes on wages.

The best way to get a handle on illegal immigration is to go after employers. If they can't find work, they have no reason to stay. It's just that simple.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, politicians get money from the Wealthy, that doesn't help. And The Wealthy, who are the REAL criminals, are worshipped as gods by the average Repugs....it's so much easier(repugs are lazy) and much more CHRISTIAN to go after the desperate poor than the greedy criminal Wealthy gods.
You are quite funny But you have forgotten the largest single donation to Obama from Golden Sacks.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:31 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Employers are busy filling up Republican pockets. So the politicians leave them alone and blame the job seeker instead...despite the fact that the REAL driving force and roots of illegal immigration lies with the employers..

Take away the jobs..illegal immigration will dry up. Plus, many of the illegals who are already here will go home.

Seems pretty simple to me..
I agree with you except the Republican part. Democrats are just as guilty.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You are quite funny But you have forgotten the largest single donation to Obama from Golden Sacks.
There isn't that big a difference between Dems and Repubs.

On economic issues, there isn't much difference.

A lot of people make a lot of fuss out of the social issues when economic issues (in my opinion) are a lot more important.

The Dems and Repubs like to make these BIG differences on social issues but they don't like to talk about the economic issues that much.

Dems say they support unions and SAY they hate that companies are offshoring jobs but their votes say otherwise.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
If our economy were in better shape, I could conceivably support amnesty.

I'm on the fence with immigration reform.
I think if you've been here a long while, haven't committed any crimes and all that good stuff, you should be put on the path towards citizenship. You should pay fines and back taxes on wages.

The best way to get a handle on illegal immigration is to go after employers. If they can't find work, they have no reason to stay. It's just that simple.
You must them include politicians, the Hollywood crowd, and just about every person in town who hires an illegal alien to take care of the yard, clean the house, babysit the kids, and does any remodeling and construction work around the house.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
There isn't that big a difference between Dems and Repubs.

On economic issues, there isn't much difference.

A lot of people make a lot of fuss out of the social issues when economic issues (in my opinion) are a lot more important.

The Dems and Repubs like to make these BIG differences on social issues but they don't like to talk about the economic issues that much.

Dems say they support unions and SAY they hate that companies are offshoring jobs but their votes say otherwise.
I agree with you. Politicians from both sides are just as corrupt.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You must them include politicians, the Hollywood crowd, and just about every person in town who hires an illegal alien to take care of the yard, clean the house, babysit the kids, and does any remodeling and construction work around the house.
Why wouldn't I include them?

They're no better than the big agricultural companies (among others) who hire loads of illegals.

I'm sure there are some teens out there willing to babysit kids, a single mother willing to clean homes to put more food on the table and get caught up on her bills, and a guy out there willing to do odd jobs for people for more money.

I'm not a big fan of kids and I'm not good with construction but I'd gladly do some house cleaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies