Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
GOOD. Have you seen men in thong bathing suits? Not a pretty sight with hair sticking out all over. Makes children want to run and hide.
Personally, I'd MUCH rather see MEN in thongs,as a woman. I don't like to see women in that crap, any more than men don't want to see men in it,either. But if it's a WOMAN that doesn't want to have to see women running around mostly naked, we get labeled as "puritanical,uptight,repressed, jealous"...etc.

Naw, it just icks me out. Sorry, one person's ideal of physical beauty doesn't exactly echo everyone ELSE'S ideal, now does it? How 'bout we all compromise, & just use a little bit of discretion, and remember you aren't hot to EVERYONE, as much as you like to THINK you are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
KURE BEACH, N.C. - A North Carolina town that the mayor called "Mayberry with a beach" has banned swimmers from wearing thongs.

Kure (kyoor-EE) Beach Mayor Dean Lambeth says "we're going to keep this as close to Mayberry with a beach as you can keep it," referring to the idyllic Southern community portrayed on the 1960s TV series "The Andy Griffith Show."

No thongs for swimmers in 'Mayberry with a beach' - U.S. news- msnbc.com
Do they have to be naked?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:32 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,029,608 times
Being allowed to wear skimpy swimwear is a great motivation to look good naked, or almost naked. We don’t all need to hide the body we’ve got.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,955,997 times
What happpens if some Aussies turn up wearing "Thongs"?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
the bible belters at it again.

individual freedoms- attacked from the left and right.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
It seems, furthermore, like a solution in search of a problem. Friends of mine have a place near Kure Beach. We've been there many times. I don't think I've ever seen anyone sporting a thong.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I don't think I've ever seen anyone sporting a thong.
I was only there for one day and don't recall seeing any either, then again that was about 12 years ago. Like the one poster said, it was a family type beach.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I was only there for one day and don't recall seeing any either, then again that was about 12 years ago. Like the one poster said, it was a family type beach.
Precisely. It's a little more blue collar than most beaches in that area. Not the sort of place where you'll see scores of European or Brazilian tourists with thongs on. It's not Miami. It's not even Myrtle Beach.

Heck, I think that of all the Wilmington area beaches, this would be the last on the list for the thong crowd.

Then again, these things rarely come out of nothing. Maybe there was one German tourist or one major wedgie that started the ball rolling.

(no pun intended)

Old 04-27-2010, 09:07 AM

48 posts, read 22,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
The bible doesn't say nudity is a sin, at least not any where I've seen.

It's not what you've seen or feel, it's how you interpret it. That's how everything is with the bible.

You believe something is wrong? all you have to do is "believe"
you believe something is right? all you have to do is "believe"

isn't the bible fun?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Great! Let's go back to the old fashion tradition of skinny dipping! Tell the fashion industry we don't need your overpriced bathingsuits! We're going natural! Let it all hang out and flop around for all the world to see! If you never tried swimming in the nude, you don't know what you're missing.
Last time i went skinny dipping it caused blindness, mad panic and a rush on the stock market and banks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies