Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:51 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why I Will Vote Republican:

I believe that tax cuts – especially for the most wealthy -- will stimulate the economy and cut the debt and deficit even though they never have before. I believe that giving Federal assistance to multinational corporations and super-wealthy individuals is good for job growth, even though these corporations we help with our tax dollars shut down their American plants and moved all the jobs to Communist countries.

I believe the reason that multinational corporations offshore American jobs is because of unions, and Americans shouldn’t be able to unionize anyway. American workers dared to offend the multinational corporations, and workers are now reaping what they have sewn. Since the Supreme Court decreed that corporations are citizens, people should do whatever the multinational corporations tell us to do.

If a CEO makes FOUR HUNDRED times more than the average worker in the plant makes, THEY EARNED IT. That guy that works on the plant floor toiling away - he’s just a lazy union worker who hates America. If the foreign owned companies these CEO's are in charge of go bankrupt, it’s not their fault – it’s the workers’ fault.

As a Republican, it doesn't bother me that you can have your pay reduced, or can be fired if you are not performing, but they cannot. The CEO earned that immunity from responsibility – you didn't, so shut up.

More continues if you click on the link.

Source:Practical Vision: Why I Will Vote Republican (http://practical-vision.blogspot.com/2010/04/why-i-will-vote-republican.html#more - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 07:57 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,245 times
There's nothing to be proud of there purplelove. That piece sounds like it was written by a college poli-sci freshmen. It's full of inaccuracies and cliches. The joke is on you buddy.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
More continues if you click on the link.

Source:Practical Vision: Why I Will Vote Republican (http://practical-vision.blogspot.com/2010/04/why-i-will-vote-republican.html#more - broken link)
The Republican party welcomes you , they are the big tent and welcome all even those with limited understanding and reasoning ability.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times
which party will i choose, the rabid corporatists, or the even more rabid corporatists

Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 PM

26 posts, read 25,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Full of inaccuracies and cliches.
The typical republican.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The Republican party welcomes you , they are the big tent and welcome all even those with limited understanding and reasoning ability.
I doubt there is ANY room for someone like me in the Republican party.
A black lesbian atheist who actually gives a crap about working class people? Nah....

Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 PM

683 posts, read 428,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I doubt there is ANY room for someone like me in the Republican party.
A black lesbian atheist who actually gives a crap about working class people? Nah....
I'm not black, not a lesbian and not an atheist, I do give a crap about working class people like myself and the financial burden being laid at their feet due to the money spent via entitlements on the non-working and non-tax paying class people in this country...

I know for a fact that there isn't ANY room for someone like me in the Democratic party.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
The reason corporations move overseas is to remain competitive, period. If they don't they go out of business.

This is global economy and US manufactures are at a serious disadvantage for many reasons including higher taxes, higher wages, tighter regulations across the board... the list is endless.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The reason corporations move overseas is to remain competitive, period. If they don't they go out of business.

This is global economy and US manufactures are at a serious disadvantage for many reasons including higher taxes, higher wages, tighter regulations across the board... the list is endless.
So you'd propose to lower taxes, wages, and lower regulations so we can compete with the likes of companies such as China?

Most companies don't pay the official tax rate. The average is about 12%.

I've never understood why our economy is based on consumer spending when most of the things we're spending our money on are produced abroad.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have our money going towards keeping more Americans employed than increasing our trade deficit?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
You just about scared the bejeezus out of me. Please try not to do that again, thanks! <whew>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies