Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:02 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,785,792 times

Advertisements

We all need love..and we don't need this racial divide right now.....the elite want there to be a war of races...who in the spotlight has shown a bias towards race?...who is "there" for all of the people they make decisions for?..I know I "am" in my life wherever I go in public and in private. I try my best to be fair to everyone no matter what race...we need a President who is Black that doesn't play games with race....and we need White/Hispanic/Asian Presidents that will break the race barrier too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
How is Obama, of all people, a racist? He was a churchgoer for 20 years, you wouldn't put down a fellow Christian like that, would you?

We all know by history that churchgoers aren't all perfect...religious people are a different topic..I just want to know who out of all of "us" normal regular everyday people who post things on city-data will exclude a certain race in a conversation to any audience in our lives?...We need someone who doesn't see race in power

Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,069,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
We all know by history that churchgoers aren't all perfect...religious people are a different topic..I just want to know who out of all of "us" normal regular everyday people who post things on city-data will exclude a certain race in a conversation to any audience in our lives?...We need someone who doesn't see race in power
The person I was addressing clamors to the churchgoer, perfect Xtian image. Just pointing out an obvious hypocrisy.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:12 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,686 times
Quote:
man shut up ...lol..i know ur joking but really I just want to know why did he mention certain groups specifically in his speach?..I know you're joking man..just want answers here..kinda feel left out being a poor white boy
It's called 'Divide and conquer.'

Old 04-27-2010, 06:19 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,379,073 times
The idea behind this one, if you read a little farther into the article (which reveals its bias in the first line...), is that lots of people voted in 2008 who had never voted, or who rarely vote. Many of these people were minority or young voters. That's a major part of why Obama was elected.

He's trying to keep those same previously reluctant voters active in the midterm election. He's fighting what political scientists call voter "drop-off": people who vote in the general elections, but don't show up in midterms or special elections.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's because he recognizes that there are a multitude of segments of our society, that have a vested interest in how this Country moves forward, not just one.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Smile Check your blood pressure, please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Honestly - He is supposed to be the President of all the people.

I know that the brainwashed, misguided "usual suspects" will once again wet their pants and see nothing wrong with this - But they are simply the hopeless (though convinced otherwise).

At this point, no one can tell us that this guy is Presidential material.

FOXNews.com - Obama Jumps Into 2010 Race With Appeal to Latinos, African-Americans, Women and Youth

And please...Let's not hear the usual stupid "Who believes Faux News".

If you cannot understand what is wrong with what he said - I remind you that the mantra these days is "Diversity" - You know, including everyone...

Is this guy starting a race war? Is this how he thinks he will keep power?

This is the mentality of a Chicago street thug.

The president encourages young people and minorities to vote, which is as American as apple pie. We're a participatory democracy, pal.

And you take offense.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,128,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Honestly - He is supposed to be the President of all the people.

I know that the brainwashed, misguided "usual suspects" will once again wet their pants and see nothing wrong with this - But they are simply the hopeless (though convinced otherwise).

At this point, no one can tell us that this guy is Presidential material.

FOXNews.com - Obama Jumps Into 2010 Race With Appeal to Latinos, African-Americans, Women and Youth

And please...Let's not hear the usual stupid "Who believes Faux News".

If you cannot understand what is wrong with what he said - I remind you that the mantra these days is "Diversity" - You know, including everyone...

Is this guy starting a race war? Is this how he thinks he will keep power?

This is the mentality of a Chicago street thug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The president encourages young people and minorities to vote, which is as American as apple pie. We're a participatory democracy, pal.

And you take offense.
0bama could save a lot of space on his teleprompter if he just said he wants the support of "everyone except non-Hispanic white men".

Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
0bama could save a lot of space on his teleprompter if he just said he wants the support of "everyone except non-Hispanic white men".

Yeah, we white guys have got it tough these days.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yeah, we white guys have got it tough these days.
With you there, I know I am really suffering. Not, my business is and has been good for several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies