Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

What's actually different is the liberal democrat side. At one time they supported Cesar Chavez, the UFW against the growers bringing in truck loads of illegals. For some reason the liberals joined up with the cheap labor agenda. Now it's all about bringing wages down to rock bottom but of course also the votes they hope to have from illegal foreigners who will be forever grateful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's actually different is the liberal democrat side. At one time they supported Cesar Chavez, the UFW against the growers bringing in truck loads of illegals. For some reason the liberals joined up with the cheap labor agenda. Now it's all about bringing wages down to rock bottom but of course also the votes they hope to have from illegal foreigners who will be forever grateful.
Funny. I never thought of WalMart as a liberal organization.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 AM

968 posts, read 2,623,210 times
hmmm, looking over the arguments in this thread, there seems to be three different arguments. Arguments against this damn law. (which are in the majority) Arguments that this law is a necessary evil to combat a prevalent threat (which are in the minority) And then people saying stupid things like "i don't care" or "don't worry about it" (which are the most pathetic arguments)

i disagree with this law, i feel (as a previous poster did) that these illegals will be released to mexico, and then they'll be right back over here like they were the first time. its like trying to corral people with no fence (get that damn fence built!)

instead of appropriating funds to the police to enable them to enforce this law (you know some money somewhere got sent to the police in addition to this law) this money should have been used to continue building the fence.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course some conservatives are really neo-cons and some just want unlimited cheap labor which gets them fast profits. Obviously many Republicans like having live-in maids and landscapers but don't want to pay them and there are some like Pelosi whose family fortunes were made by employing nothing but the cheapest of workers.
Did pelosi switch parties last night or something?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Funny. I never thought of WalMart as a liberal organization.
You're kidding!! They even had ole Hillary on their board. How much more liberal could they get?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Did pelosi switch parties last night or something?
No -- but that's my point - it's the filthy rich elitists of both parties that want unlimited cheap labor, they want their servants as desperate as possible.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
The Feds are just off base totally. Both parties, and so far out to lunch they may as well just stay there.

Me, personally can see not hint of a difference between the parties and I want both gone. All I see is one party the party of fat bastids and full of greed and corruption.

It's been this way since Monica's cigar.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM

422 posts, read 1,271,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Aside from the Constitutional problems that will inevitably challenge this law. Aside from the fact that caucasians have little to fear from law enforcement challenging their citizenship, the AZ law does something that most conservatives rail against. GOVERNMENT EXPANSION...

The Conservative Case Against Arizona's Immigration Law - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

The Conservative Case Against Arizona's Immigration Law

Ben Adler

Conservative commentators, such as Bill Kristol and George Will, have generally rushed to the defense of Arizona's harsh new law to make local law-enforcement officers act as de facto border patrol. But Matt Lewis, a staunchly conservative but independent-minded and intellectually honest columnist at the Daily Caller, dares to dissent from the party line. Lewis supports stricter border control and does not worry about the illegal immigrants being subjected to requests for their documents since they are by definition breaking the law. But he does think that conservatives who claim to fear the expansion of government power ought not to cheer a law that allows, much less encourages, cops to harass law-abiding U.S. citizens who happen to be Hispanic.
I live in southern Arizona where border patrol presence is very heavy. I am white and don't look like an illegal from south of the border or engage in any suspicious behavior. Irregardless, I still get pulled over for a citizenship check. Should I feel harassed? Nope, I respect them and thank them for doing their job in trying to keep my state and the country safe.

I never supported government expansion in anyway, however, AZ finds itself in a predicament due to government's refusal to resolve this issue. The illegal immigration and the crime associated with it is very much out of control and it needs to be resolved. Glad that someone has the balls to challenge it head on. I gained respect for the government of the state of AZ, especially the governor.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
In Chicago, if a gang member kills someone, the police are NOT allowed to ask his immigration status.
Now would it be taking the rights away from the shooter if they were allowed to inquire?
I'm not shocked , I believe you , but do you know where I can get proof of this to show others ?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:49 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
The conservative case against Arizon'a Immigration Law:

"It will remove the source of slave like labor for big...err... small, god fearing, American bizness."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration