Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:46 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times

Advertisements

This girl should realize that most of the kids in her class will go on to amount to nothing anyway and will only have their precious little yearbooks left to remind them of the only time where they mattered much to anyone

She needs to move out of town asap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM

383 posts, read 222,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why? Why does the mode of dress matter?

And I'm pretty sure backwards would include forcing women to wear dresses simply because they happen to own a vagina.

And I'm damn proud to live in California.
Well seeing how if it was like the school I went to the men wore tuxedo's the females wore dresses. She don't like that and can't abide by rules that are already set then she can do without getting her picture being put in the yearbook.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
GOOD! She is a female she needs to wear a dress or other female attire not a damn tuxedo! Not everyone is as backwards as New York and California!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
What I never understand is why people think they can make a big splash in the news with stunts like this and then act surprised when they get wet.

Sounds to me like this was just an attempt to either get 15 minutes of fame or more likely trying to get the school board to do something so that they can sue.

Either way I think the school board handled it correctly, she did not dress in an appropriate manner, therefore she gave up her right to be included in the yearbook.
Sorry those states don't marry their cousins and still support segregation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Give me a break. Do you hate freedom that much? It's not like she wanted to wear a bikini to prom, or hot pants and pasties. She wanted to wear a Tuxedo. Women in the real world, business and politics wear suits all the time.

Maybe you're right though. She shoulda worn the REAL PATRIOTIC AMERICAN WOMAN uniform:
Oh that's nice, three sisters. Wait, they're probably all wives to the same man.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Very juvenile behavior from the adults involved. I don't understand a grown-up who would condone this type of action.
I agree her parents should be ashamed.I would never let my daughter pull a stunt like that! at least the rest of the school was spared this silly joke

Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Give me a break. Do you hate freedom that much? It's not like she wanted to wear a bikini to prom, or hot pants and pasties. She wanted to wear a Tuxedo. Women in the real world, business and politics wear suits all the time.

Maybe you're right though. She shoulda worn the REAL PATRIOTIC AMERICAN WOMAN uniform:
Fine me with me. There are rules in life either learn to live by them or change them. End of story.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Sorry those states don't marry their cousins and still support segregation.

Oh that's nice, three sisters. Wait, they're probably all wives to the same man.
Ah I knew the bigots would come out of the woodwork sooner or later. Yep not agreeing with homosexuality is the same as marrying your cousin. Don't ya just love that thinking.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Either way I think the school board handled it correctly, she did not dress in an appropriate manner, therefore she gave up her right to be included in the yearbook.
Uh, where did it say that she gave up her right to be included in the yearbook because she wanted to wear a tuxedo? Or did you just make that one up?

Old 04-28-2010, 04:59 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I agree her parents should be ashamed.I would never let my daughter pull a stunt like that! at least the rest of the school was spared this silly joke
It's obvious that you misunderstood my point. An adult in a position of authority over children must make decisions about which battles are worth fighting. This one wasn't by any stretch of the imagination and by making a big deal out of it, they have put the school district in a terrible position. One wonders if the administration is familiar with the Shakespearean phrase "hoisted on one's own petard." Their actions will come back to haunt them, as situations like this usually do.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Sounds like a lawsuit should be on the way. I hope she gets her college education paid by the school district.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
Fine me with me. There are rules in life either learn to live by them or change them. End of story.
So if the government enacted a 80% tax on your wages, you'd just say, "well gee boss, thems the rules!"

Or, if someone told you you couldn't wear blue shirts on the street anymore?

That's just A-OK with you? You wouldn't challenge those rules?

Sounds like you're not that interested in personal freedoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies