Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
hopefully you think the same way about the kennedy idiot that drove off a bridge when he was drunk and killed someone. too bad he is not here anymore.
Or Laura Bush committing vehicular homicide.
Wanna play tit for tat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 PM

90 posts, read 123,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
1. This is off-topic. The topic is about Laura Bush's memoir about the G-8 summit and being poisoned. Not about Obama.

2. Did you miss the video of Bush drinking the night before he got sick at the G8?

Yes, having a beer is perfectly fine.

Bush Talks of Past Addiction - washingtonpost.com
Bush, who was here to celebrate the seventh anniversary of his program to funnel federal funds to "faith-based" social service organizations, has occasionally talked over the years about his struggles with alcohol before he quit in 1986 after waking up with a hangover from celebrating his 40th birthday.

Bush is a self-proclaimed alcoholic.
Albeit one that never stopped drinking.
ok...lets go then. please provide me with a quote from Bush saying he was an alcoholic. he confessed to drinking too much at one time in his life. you said he claimed to be an alcoholic. there is a big difference between drinking too much at one time in your life and being an alcoholic. i'm sure you will run with your tail between your legs from this thread now.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
ok...lets go then. please provide me with a quote from Bush saying he was an alcoholic. he confessed to drinking too much at one time in his life. you said he claimed to be an alcoholic. there is a big difference between drinking too much at one time in your life and being an alcoholic. i'm sure you will run with your tail between your legs from this thread now.
Really, no need to respond so rudely:
How's this one work for you:
George W. Bush’s Sobering Talk on Addiction « Alcohol Self-Help News
President Bush Tuesday addressed his “addiction” to alcohol in the most direct way.
“Addiction is hard to overcome. As you might remember, I drank too much at one time in my life,” Bush said during a visit to a faith-based program that helps ex-cons. Bush allowed one reporter to stay with him as he met privately with two Jericho Program participants.
“I understand addiction, and I understand how a changed heart can help you deal with addiction,” he told the two men. “There’s some kind of commonality.”
“First is to recognize that there is a higher power,” Bush said. “It helped me in my life. It helped me quit drinking.”
“That’s right, there is a higher power,” one of the men said.
“Step One, right?” Bush said, referring to Alcoholics Anonymous’ 12-step program.
It is actually the second step – but it was nonetheless plain that this was a powerful subject for the President.

No comment, bigdaddy?
Or, and I'll quote you: "i'm sure you will run with your tail between your legs from this thread now."

Last edited by chielgirl; 04-29-2010 at 01:28 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM

90 posts, read 123,705 times
Quote:
Really, no need to respond so rudely:
How's this one work for you:
George W. Bush’s Sobering Talk on Addiction « Alcohol Self-Help News
President Bush Tuesday addressed his “addiction” to alcohol in the most direct way.
“Addiction is hard to overcome. As you might remember, I drank too much at one time in my life,” Bush said during a visit to a faith-based program that helps ex-cons. Bush allowed one reporter to stay with him as he met privately with two Jericho Program participants.
“I understand addiction, and I understand how a changed heart can help you deal with addiction,” he told the two men. “There’s some kind of commonality.”
“First is to recognize that there is a higher power,” Bush said. “It helped me in my life. It helped me quit drinking.”
“That’s right, there is a higher power,” one of the men said.
“Step One, right?” Bush said, referring to Alcoholics Anonymous’ 12-step program.
It is actually the second step – but it was nonetheless plain that this was a powerful subject for the President.

No comment, bigdaddy?
Or, and I'll quote you: "i'm sure you will run with your tail between your legs from this thread now."

no need to respond so rudely? you were the one asking if i wanted to go "tit for tat". am i right? and your quote and nothing else on the internet does not show that he admitted being an alcoholic. keep twisting though.....oh...and sorry....i was too busy working while you were waiting on a response. someone has to support the leeches of our society don't they? obama would be proud of me for working to support his voters.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM

683 posts, read 428,566 times
So if some of you contend that when the first lady speaks about being poisoned or getting sick in her book she's really talking about GWB being hung over or drunk, what caused the rest of his staff and Laura to get sick? Was the entire staff drunk?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Or Laura Bush committing vehicular homicide.
Wanna play tit for tat?
Did she run from the scene and leave the victim to die alone or did she call the police after the accident and stick around? Was she ever charged with anything and was she found to be drinking or under the influence of any drug? Just askin'...

Old 04-29-2010, 08:47 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Did she run from the scene and leave the victim to die alone or did she call the police after the accident and stick around? Was she ever charged with anything and was she found to be drinking or under the influence of any drug? Just askin'...
And did she try and get someone else to take the blame for her????

Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
And did she try and get someone else to take the blame for her????
I don't believe she did now that I think about it.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:53 PM

948 posts, read 893,915 times
Bush Sr. tossed his cookies on some Chinese dude. President or something or other. Who does that? No wonder the Chinese flooded WalMart with cheap crap. Hell, I'd be pi$$ed too.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
no need to respond so rudely? you were the one asking if i wanted to go "tit for tat". am i right? and your quote and nothing else on the internet does not show that he admitted being an alcoholic. keep twisting though.....oh...and sorry....i was too busy working while you were waiting on a response. someone has to support the leeches of our society don't they? obama would be proud of me for working to support his voters.
You went completely off topic (not surprising in any world view) to bring up Ted Kennedy in a discussion about Bush.
Yeah, I could pay that game, too, while staying within the Bush immediate family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies