Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Look at all the money you could save in 70 years if don't need food.

SCIENTISTS are studying an 82-year-old man who claims he has not had any food or drink for 70 years.

Prahlad Jani’s claims are being put to the test at a hospital in Ahmedabad, where he is being closely monitored and studied by India’s Defence Research Development Organisation, which believes he may have a quality which could help save lives, The Telegraph reports.

He has so far spent six days without food or water under the strict observation of doctors who say his body is yet to show any signs of hunger or dehydration.

Man claims he ate, drank nothing for 70 years | Courier Mail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 10:41 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times
Breaking News:

Man lies

Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
I saw the report...Its got to be BS

Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM

948 posts, read 894,097 times
Must have been Manna.

Oh yeah, he didn't eat. Um, plasma energy from the planet Zorn. That's gotta be it.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:49 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Breaking News:

Man lies
That's not proven, but I find it odd how much argument is going on against this observational experiment. Truth and lies have a proving ground.

I have always been suspicious, but these 'oxygenarians' as I've heard them called in the states might also be getting a lesson they've been unwilling to listen to up to this point.

I'm glad this is getting published, and I hope it continues on for months to put to rest any doubts. The mind is a powerful thing, I believe that altered metabolic states can be achieved, but his claims are just too out there. I hope he makes it, I doubt he will, but he's willing to put his own life on the line for his beliefs. I can't argue.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
Any news report coming from a country where people worship monkeys and have funerals for monkeys as if it was their mother in law needs to be checked.....I even saw where they let rats crawl around in their rice bowls as they eat the rice. This guy mist have been living off of rat wee wee..

Old 04-30-2010, 12:12 AM

438 posts, read 503,237 times
I don't need a scientific evaluation to tell me this is bogus. About as bogus as levitating monks.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:25 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Any news report coming from a country where people worship monkeys and have funerals for monkeys as if it was their mother in law needs to be checked.....I even saw where they let rats crawl around in their rice bowls as they eat the rice. This guy mist have been living off of rat wee wee..
^yes because weird things don't happen in this country either right

Man Charged With 2nd Sex Attack on Horse - 'I feel like I've been raped,' says angry owner

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/06/04/0604waste.html - broken link)

Man-on-Dog Sex? Not Again! // Current

Police Arrest Gresham Man for Sexually Abusing his Pit Bull - Salem-News.Com

Harvey teen charged with killing baby; she put 5-month-old in dryer and turned it on | - NOLA.com

people putting babies in clothes dryers, men repeatingly raping horses, other men raping dogs, mothers putting their own feces in their hospitalized daughter's IV line.... of course a funeral for a monkey is more bizarre than this right... surely this doesnt disqualify the US from producing credible news/news sources

Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
I don't need a scientific evaluation to tell me this is bogus. About as bogus as levitating monks.
You're unwilling to suspend your disbelief? nyuk nyuk

Old 04-30-2010, 01:44 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
^yes because weird things don't happen in this country either right

Man Charged With 2nd Sex Attack on Horse - 'I feel like I've been raped,' says angry owner

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/06/04/0604waste.html - broken link)

Man-on-Dog Sex? Not Again! // Current

Police Arrest Gresham Man for Sexually Abusing his Pit Bull - Salem-News.Com

Harvey teen charged with killing baby; she put 5-month-old in dryer and turned it on | - NOLA.com

people putting babies in clothes dryers, men repeatingly raping horses, other men raping dogs, mothers putting their own feces in their hospitalized daughter's IV line.... of course a funeral for a monkey is more bizarre than this right... surely this doesnt disqualify the US from producing credible news/news sources
Yes these are bad BUT, what do they have to do with a man claiming to not have eaten for years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies