Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Well the administration sitting in power right now has had a rather wimpy response with simply stating no more drilling until investigation is done. So a Dem approach to a economic disaster is simply to launch an investigation. Great. So they also send a swat team...do do what? They have the ability to send many boats with oil absorbing nets and devices developed after the Valiz spill and nothing is done? Obama's Katrina.
Do they? Link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
I am not buying that this is an accident. Coincidentally, perfect timing with off shore drilling debate..how convenient. I think there is more here than meets the eye, and somebody will uncover the truth...

Old 04-30-2010, 10:46 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
I am not buying that this is an accident. Coincidentally, perfect timing with off shore drilling debate..how convenient. I think there is more here than meets the eye, and somebody will uncover the truth...

I've been thinking the same thing actually. The Chicago radical mob in the White House are cabable of anything.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The oil's in the water, isn't it?

Wouldn't London-based BP Plc, which holds the lease to the offshore well; Swiss-based Transocean Ltd, owner of the Deepwater Horizon drilling platform that exploded in flames on April 20 and collapsed; Halliburton Energy Services Inc, which was engaged in cementing operations of the well and well cap; and Cameron International Corp, which supplied the rig's blow-out prevention equipment that failed - do it's best to maintain the safety of it's employees?
Yeah, I wasn't thinking of any of them. I was thinking more of the coincidence of the timing and energy/environmental legislation.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,294 times
Dick Cheney was seen fleeing the scene with a shotgun in his hand.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:09 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Well once again our short sightedness has harmed the environment with little to show for it. The damage these rigs pose does not out weight the benefit of oil that can barely contribute to much.

When are we going to say its time for better means to propel our cars? This tie with oil needs to be cut. Those that preach drill baby drill seem pretty quiet now, perhaps the multi-billion dollar clean-up has their tongue.
5000 barrels of oil does little to fuel our demand, but can quickly destroy pristine beaches and wildlife. When will we say no to oil companies? they hold us hostage because we take no other direction, then they convince us to sacrifice our environment so they can make hundreds of billions... doesn't seem equitable?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,931 times
Offshore drilling is certainly a risk, but keep in mind, it's hardly unique. Take for example, dam construction. We have thousands of major dams all over the United States, and have had serious failures on numerous occasions, probably more than we have had major oil spills. Dam failures cause massive amounts of environmental damage as well, and typically result in loss of life. However, I don't think we're going to go out and start dismantling all the dams in the country because one fails. Instead, we examine why it failed, make sure we don't make similar mistakes in their construction in the future, and upgrade existing dams to prevent similar events from happening again. That's probably what we need to do in this case, too.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:37 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Dick Cheney was seen fleeing the scene with a shotgun in his hand.
And Ted Kennedy was seen driving away in a car with an ill-fated passenger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies