Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are they racist militant or a community outreach organization?
Yes 25 86.21%
No 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:14 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,103 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Barack Obama and The New Black Panther Party ANSWER YES FOR MILITANT, NO FOR NOT MILITANT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 07:26 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,204,423 times
Your poll is misworded. "Yes" or "No" is not an answer.

They are a racist organization, pure and simple.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:57 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times
No, whatever that means, or maybe yes

Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 AM

Yes for racist militant. No, they are not racist militant. I should have worded the question a little differently, but it was already posted and there is no way to edit polls.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
WOW!!! The FOX reporter actually called her guest a prostitute. Holy moley. Yes, the guest called her a 'political prostitute', but she is supposed to be a pro.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:05 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,180 times
Seriously? Their website and those that they associate with makes it quite clear. For example:

"We struggle to establish our own provisional government (in unity with other Black organizations), in order take control of our communities and in preparation for our own government soon to come! We advocate political alliances with all African -Black Organizations that are uncompromising in the struggle for liberation. We also will organize with the other oppressed people of color. The New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense is all Black, not integrationist."

As a libertarian, I have no problem with people striving to free themselves from our system of preferential laws and government initiations of force upon individuals. However, the New Black Panthers proclaim to be about "freedom" while at the same time enslaving others to fulfill their demands. Perhaps they don't realize their own blatant hypocrisy. Or maybe they are mad that they no longer have slaves building the pyramids? I went through some of their literature and their "training material", which strangely includes Ayn Rand(???), but clearly their proclaimed goals for "their" people require simultaneously abusing others. They have quite a strange belief system with many contradictions indeed.

Their racism is blatant and unapologetic. That a group that has suffered so much in the past due to racism, it is more than ironic that they themselves would embrace the stances that they do. On the one hand, they decry all of the evils of racism, yet they want to insitutionalize racism to perpetrate that same system upon others. They claim Divinity for "their" people. Maybe they think that they are the real "Chosen People" rather than the other "Chosen People" that they treated as animals. Racism, is the entirety of their underlying philosophy.

With all of that said, I don't have any problem with them if they do not initiate force upon individuals. Even if they are misguided in my opinion, I would rather people actively fight for their beliefs and expanding their freedoms than to remain meek and obedient servants and sacrificial animals to the State. At least they are doing something other than kneeling before GODvernment.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
That is disgusting but tell us how black people cant be racist.

Hey do you think they vote republican?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That is disgusting but tell us how black people cant be racist.

Hey do you think they vote republican?
Well, a small portion of them do.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Seriously? Their website and those that they associate with makes it quite clear. For example:

"We struggle to establish our own provisional government (in unity with other Black organizations), in order take control of our communities and in preparation for our own government soon to come! We advocate political alliances with all African -Black Organizations that are uncompromising in the struggle for liberation. We also will organize with the other oppressed people of color. The New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense is all Black, not integrationist."

As a libertarian, I have no problem with people striving to free themselves from our system of preferential laws and government initiations of force upon individuals. However, the New Black Panthers proclaim to be about "freedom" while at the same time enslaving others to fulfill their demands. Perhaps they don't realize their own blatant hypocrisy. Or maybe they are mad that they no longer have slaves building the pyramids? I went through some of their literature and their "training material", which strangely includes Ayn Rand(???), but clearly their proclaimed goals for "their" people require simultaneously abusing others. They have quite a strange belief system with many contradictions indeed.

Their racism is blatant and unapologetic. That a group that has suffered so much in the past due to racism, it is more than ironic that they themselves would embrace the stances that they do. On the one hand, they decry all of the evils of racism, yet they want to insitutionalize racism to perpetrate that same system upon others. They claim Divinity for "their" people. Maybe they think that they are the real "Chosen People" rather than the other "Chosen People" that they treated as animals. Racism, is the entirety of their underlying philosophy.

With all of that said, I don't have any problem with them if they do not initiate force upon individuals. Even if they are misguided in my opinion, I would rather people actively fight for their beliefs and expanding their freedoms than to remain meek and obedient servants and sacrificial animals to the State. At least they are doing something other than kneeling before GODvernment.
Couldn't have said it better myself, my sentiments exactly! Bravo!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:22 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,204,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Yes for racist militant. No, they are not racist militant. I should have worded the question a little differently, but it was already posted and there is no way to edit polls.
Sorry. Missed that. So I guess my vote is "Yes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies