Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,159,137 times

Advertisements

i hear you, it stopped being- si senor-- long time ago here, ever been in east LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 06:09 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,208,637 times
Racism is taught, not something you are born with. It does not excuse your acting like a jackhole. It is not necessary to be Catholic to comprehend it. It is so of all Latin countries, including Italy. It is also true that it has been changing for 40 years.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,889,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i hear you, it stopped being- si senor-- long time ago here, ever been in east LA?
You askin' me? naw never been in LA, not that La anyway but I was in Sandy Diego, and assorted area places near there.
Others in Az and NM as well, and don't fet git Mexas

Now I can go to Salem Mass and Lowell Mass and see the same thing.. Only a blind man could miss seeing it.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:06 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,677,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Perhaps the United States should just annex Mexico. The bottom line is that no immigration laws will work until the hell-hole that is Mexico begins to improve.

You cannot fault the Mexican people for at least wanting and trying to find work, provide for their families, and improve their lot in life. I do not in any way agree with breaking laws, but if any of us were desperate enough - and our children were starving to death - we'd probably try to do whatever was necessary.
Right. Like petition their own government to make things better. They won't ever get anywhere unless they stay where they are and force their own government to make things better. Because so many come here, they don't have to change.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Do not assume that everyone would apply your own moral standards to their lives. Most people have a sense of honor and fairness, and know how to apply a morality to their lives without the necessity to have it enforced by fear of punishment.

It is severely troubling to me to think that you would kill me or steal my belongings on a whim, if there was no-one you had to answer to. You're the only person I know who would do that. Everyone else I know, knows right from wrong and applies it to their lives, even when the police are looking the other way.

Can you imagine a country letting people "go where they want and do what they want" even if it was against someone else's morals? The very idea!!.
Kind of like Hitler, you mean?

Why are all the prisons full if most people are so moral? Why was an officer and rancher shot dead by drug smuggling (oh, that's right, they're your friends) idiot Mexican drug cartel? Why is it so dangerous to travel to a lot of countries? Why were college students warned sternly to stay away from Mexico during spring break? Why was little Maddy McCune (sp) kidnapped and never found? Why is there war? Why did Saddam Hussain and his sons line people up and shoot them just for fun? Why do the pirates rob every ship they can get their hands on all over the seas and off the coast of Somalia in particular? Why is the Ivory Coast and a lot of other countries in Africa in such turmoil? The list goes on, and on, and on, and on.... .

You don't have your eyes open very wide to be missing just how dangerous this world really is. There are a lot of places on this earth of untold miserable and dangerous people. Mexico has more than their share, and so does Central and South America (Dead missionaries come to mind.).

By the way, You don't know me at all.

Last edited by NoExcuses; 05-03-2010 at 07:26 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 10:05 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,663,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post

Why are all the prisons full if most people are so moral? .
Mainly because half the prisoners in American prisons did not do anything immoral at all. They just broke rules, victimless.

98% of adult Americans have never been in prison. Does that qualify as "most people"?

Meanwhile, there ARE people whose "morality" would have no problem shooting about 20-million men women and children, merely because they are inconvenient:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Then maybe we should just shoot them and put them out of our misery.
But most people don't think that way,and are not driven by blind and indiscriminate hatred and anger, so I feel quite safe, as long as YOU do not live in my neighborhood.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-03-2010 at 10:18 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,427,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I swear it is not my imagination, but ever since Arizona did it's show-me-your-papers thing, I'm getting dirty looks, short answers and frowns from the Hispanic people in my life (I'm white).

Nevermind that I'm pretty far left, enjoy diversity and open to strangers like a 1950s midwesterner.

Sorry, I'm just whining, but this is just another thing that makes modern life in America lousy. Us against them at every turn.
Umm....I think it's just you.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:24 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,889,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
No, I don't want to live side by side criminals. What's your point? That all Mexicans are criminals?

These threads grow faster than I can keep up, since i don't work in cubical world.

Nope i don't mean just Hispanics, I mean every body who is a criminal. With no care to race, I will not tollerate having a criminal move in next to me. Of course the remoteness of where i am makes so that pretty much can't happen.

Once I lived in a apt complex of a rare sort though. It was a barn converted to be dwellings, and a low life white boy 30 something moved in. At first he made my life miserable, but then I made his worse, and he left. I am not the type anyone wants to fornicate with period. Not even cops at my door will stick around, when I just tell em wrong place, good morning, and go back to bed.

It seems that knocking on my door in the wee hours, invites Mister 12 Ga in the crack of the door jam, and so far no one wants to hang around and tawk.

But No to just hispanics.. I have 0 problem with all legal immigrants, but I have 100% problems with all illegal immigrants.

There is this little man made thing we all call the Border see? personally I think Borders are totall BS, but no one else thinks the same way I do.

But then as it is, my border begins at the edge of the property which isn't posted by the way, because I don't care who passes thru a bit.

The Border I will enforce with 0 help for LEO is at the door. The later it is at night the harder I will enforce that border.

It's one thing to be stupid in the day time, and another to to be criminally ignorant at night in my world.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Mainly because half the prisoners in American prisons did not do anything immoral at all. They just broke rules, victimless.

98% of adult Americans have never been in prison. Does that qualify as "most people"?
Quote:
The U.S. correctional population -- those in jail, prison, on probation or on parole -- totaled 7.3 million, or 1 in every 31 adults.(CNN)
Quote:
According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS): "In 2008, over 7.3 million people were on probation, in jail or prison, or on parole at year-end — 3.2% of all U.S. adult residents..
That's only in one year. It doesn't take into account all those whose paroles have expired or anyone who spent time in jails or prisons in all the years past. It also doesn't include statistics for those who should have been incarcerated and weren't, such as unsolved crimes.

How do you come up with "98% of adult Americans have never been in prison"?
Quote:
But most people don't think that way,and are not driven by blind and indiscriminate hatred and anger, so I feel quite safe, as long as YOU do not live in my neighborhood.
And I feel quite safe as long as YOU don't live in MY neighborhood. You'd probably harbor illegals who shoot people and steal, collect welfare and get paid cash so they don't have to pay taxes.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:38 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,663,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Not even cops at my door will stick around, when I just tell em wrong place, good morning, and go back to bed.
You've just made my point. If you live in Arizona, you have just lost the right to do that. You don't go back to bed until you show them your papers. There is no "wrong place".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies