Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:54 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,076 times

Advertisements

This thread brings two thoughts to mind.....
The cliche' 'Ugly American' is not a cliche',
and ironicly, its the 'Family Value' zealots that shouldnt
be breeding families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 09:04 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
This thread brings two thoughts to mind.....
The cliche' 'Ugly American' is not a cliche',
and ironicly, its the 'Family Value' zealots that shouldnt
be breeding families.
That's funny! Only people that have no values should have children? Oh yes that will work...

Old 06-13-2007, 09:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Seems to be.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Actually it is pretty specific - Alternative lifestyles is actually something that my friends kids were taught in public school.
THAT's not specific at all, to many people an 'alternative lifestyle' could be nothing more than living on a houseboat. And I'd much rather see children taught a realistic view of the world, in a manner appropriate for their age, than some imaginary ideal of what some think the world should be. And I am totally opposed to children being taught in a manner that denies science, a great disservice to them in today's world.

Quote:
Do you happen to know all the liberals out there? My friend Mitch has called me that. Next time you talk to him you can compare notes with him. Do you want more names? I suppose that I am a bigot against murderers too as I don't support their behavior.
And WHY did he call you a bigot? If you're not smart enough to know the difference between murder which causes harm and private adult behavior that doesn't then maybe the problem is you and not your friend Mitch.

Quote:
Please go back and re-read the posts. Aren't left wing liberals claiming to want to keep the government out of the bedroom yet at the same time asking for marriage rights and benefits and to have their lifestyles taught? It is actually a fairly logical point that seems to be bypassing you.
No, if two people are committed to each other and jointly own property and share a household I see no reason they shouldn't have the same legal rights/benefits as any other two people doing the same, their sex lives should be irrelevant to property/legal rights. I think you're trying to make the bedroom the most important part of marriage, I think you're wrong, it's commitment. If marriage is such a sacred institution how do you explain the rates of divorce and adultery among hetero couples?

Quote:
Hmm, do you remember the 11 for 11 rejection of gay marriage in state elections as voted on by the people? Short memory I guess. Cha-ching.
I'm disappointed, I thought by recall you meant we were going to get another chance to throw the bums out

Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
What people do to each other in private is their own business. What happens to their property and money is the state's business. Why should marrage be restricted to hetro couples and not extended to cover any possible combination?

Besides, if you have a problem with sexual behaviour then gay marrage will certaily decrease sodomy.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What people do to each other in private is their own business. What happens to their property and money is the state's business. Why should marrage be restricted to hetro couples and not extended to cover any possible combination?

Because it offends the prejudiced, the judgemental, the intolerant, and the holier than thou?

Old 06-13-2007, 10:47 AM

[quote=GregW;878660]What people do to each other in private is their own business. What happens to their property and money is the state's business. Why should marrage be restricted to hetro couples and not extended to cover any possible combination?

Besides, if you have a problem with sexual behaviour then gay marrage will certaily decrease sodomy.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that gays only engage in sodomy because they are not married? Ha Ha Ha

One of the biggest reasons that people are against gay marriage is because it will open marriage up to any possible combination. At the first hint of gay marriage the polygamist reared their ugly head. Marriage, to create families and future generations.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
One of the biggest reasons that people are against gay marriage is because it will open marriage up to any possible combination. At the first hint of gay marriage the polygamist reared their ugly head. Marriage, to create families and future generations.

That's an inane argument. Mormomism has a more factual history of leading to polygamy, when will your anti-Mormon campaign begin?

Marriage is to create families?, what about married couples who choose to remain childless? Are they corrupting the institution of marriage?

Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,076 times
At 50% failure rate...it creates lots of problem children and
family lawyer practices, too....

HAving lots of Gay friends Ive never seen the hate and nastyness
go on in thier community that does in the breeder community.
Maybe you should take note.....

Old 06-13-2007, 10:55 AM

People can choose to not have families for many reasons, career, low income, not enough time to devote to a child or medical reasons and is not an argument for gay marriage at all no matter how hard you try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies