Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 AM

1,089 posts, read 653,781 times

Advertisements

This is a clear case of taking what was said out of context:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."
This is what he actually said:
"Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy."
Yes, they are shameless liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 09:41 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,497,625 times
Nothing new. We have people here posting lies pushed by Glen Beck. It's sad that the sheep just says baaaaaa when anything is said negative regarding Obama truth or not.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:44 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Nothing new. We have people here posting lies pushed by Glen Beck. It's sad that the sheep just says baaaaaa when anything is said negative regarding Obama truth or not.
A sloppy compliant and biased media got Obama elected.
Everything else pales in comparison.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 05-01-2010 at 09:52 AM..

Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 AM

1,089 posts, read 653,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

The topic is: the shameless right wing liars. Please stay on topic.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 AM

2,966 posts, read 3,906,859 times
Surprise, surprise...

Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 AM

296 posts, read 273,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."
"Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy."
genius, this happens all the freaking time.. ever watched a movie trailer? They do the same damn thing. Admit your only problem with this is it was used against your side. WFW!

and you don't own the this slice of the Internet just because you made the thread. Get over yourself.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:08 AM

817 posts, read 851,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post

Right wing, left wing. They all do it, give me a break...

Old 05-01-2010, 11:15 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,418,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes this is so true! And obama lies shamelessly about EVERYTHING!

Old 05-01-2010, 11:18 AM

948 posts, read 892,660 times
Honestly the right wing doesn't have to lie about Obama, every time he opens his ignorant mouth lies fly out. Every time that completely inept, pitifully vapid Gibbs opens his mouth, lies fly out. Pelosi, yep ditto.

Why do you think B.O. needs that teleprompter on continuously? To keep his train of thought from going into a ditch. You only need to tell the truth once. But a lie, that takes constant practice and repeating.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,647,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Honestly the right wing doesn't have to lie about Obama, every time he opens his ignorant mouth lies fly out. Every time that completely inept, pitifully vapid Gibbs opens his mouth, lies fly out. Pelosi, yep ditto.

Why do you think B.O. needs that teleprompter on continuously? To keep his train of thought from going into a ditch. You only need to tell the truth once. But a lie, that takes constant practice and repeating.
Yeah, like being a white sox fan but not being able to name ONE player.
Little lies, a sign of no problem with big lies.
Thanks to the poster on You Tube that he was caught in action.
How embarrassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX0PSoCTFas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies