Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 08:25 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

I've never gone skiing. Does that mean no one's ever gone skiing?

If you don't start them, then it is reasonable that you don't have much experience being in them. You may have not thrown punches, but you claim to be "in your face" with people. Are those people afraid or intimidated by you? I'm not.

It happens. I've seen it, I've experienced it, I've lived it.

It's either because they see me as prey, as a victim, or they are annoyed that I ignore them. I don't welcome them into my personal space.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
So, I hear that Fuddrucker's doesn't want people carrying guns into their restaurants. What does everyone think about that?

I think that it's their store, and they get to make the rules. There's a million burger joints, and if I feel like having a burger on a day that I'm carrying, I'll just go to a different one. Their loss.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I've got the world's smallest violin playing just for you.

Do they hide your books? Stuff you in to lockers? Dip your pigtails in to inkwells?

It's on you if you are a grown adult getting in to fights.
If you throw a punch--then the fight's begun, without me being at fault. You didn't have to, but you chose to.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So, I hear that Fuddrucker's doesn't want people carrying guns into their restaurants. What does everyone think about that?

I think that it's their store, and they get to make the rules. There's a million burger joints, and if I feel like having a burger on a day that I'm carrying, I'll just go to a different one. Their loss.
I think that this is one thing we agree on--except maybe it being "their loss".

One customer does not make or break a business.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:32 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have a CCW, been carrying for quite a while now. I respect private establishments right to post a 'no carry' zone. I don't have to patronize their business. But they had better post it. If it's not posted as a no carry establishment, and someone gets bent (like they are going to know whether I'm carrying or not) to bad. I have less and less respect for the bleeding heart progressive hoplophobes every day.
I feel the same way. I an etablishment doesn't want me to carry, then post it. Also they won't get my business. I won't make a big deal about it, it's their choice to loose customers.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
One customer does not make or break a business.
More proof that you've never run a business.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:41 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

I think this is another example of Double Standard.

I think any business has the right to accept or ban as they see fit.

However government has stepped in and banned certain politically correct things.

The argument is, even though you are a privately owned and financed business, if you are open to the public you have to do as we say. Hence you cannot deny service to blacks, Muslims, Jews, Italians, etc.

You cannot allow smoking in your privately owned business.

If the government of a state/city etc. allows concealed and open carry and does not ban restaurants then the "public" has the right to have them.

Either a business has rights to serve as it pleases, or it doesn't.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
More proof that you've never run a business.
I've never OWNED one, but I have ran one. After all, the owner couldn't be bothered with doing anything but collecting the receipts.

If you don't want to patronize the place, there's 15 other people waiting to get in.

I've had irate customers who never came back, and sales just continued to go up.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think this is another example of Double Standard.

I think any business has the right to accept or ban as they see fit.

However government has stepped in and banned certain politically correct things.

The argument is, even though you are a privately owned and financed business, if you are open to the public you have to do as we say. Hence you cannot deny service to blacks, Muslims, Jews, Italians, etc.

You cannot allow smoking in your privately owned business.

If the government of a state/city etc. allows concealed and open carry and does not ban restaurants then the "public" has the right to have them.

Either a business has rights to serve as it pleases, or it doesn't.
I agree, but that's not how it is, unfortunately. Political correctness trumps property rights these days.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I've never OWNED one, but I have ran one.
Sure, ok. Whatever you say, Tim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies