Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times

Advertisements

Young Turks? Who cares what his bias views are? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
How cute. More doomsday scenarios to try to scare folks into your line of thinking. "Think of all the deformed children that are a result of car exhaust"!

We will not destroy the planet and we will not destroy life as a whole. We can't.

I've got an amazing 2 year old boy and a little girl on the way. And I'm going to raise them to respect our planet, but also not to listen to doomsday preaching hippies that base their beliefs from their bleeding heart, but not common sense.
I'm happy for you re: your little boy and I am pulling for you that your new addition comes out of the cooker a-ok but show a little responsibility. A modern pre-parent can simply not be as blase about the potential for a difficult conception, pregnancy or outcome as their parents were! Have you been sleeping for the last 5 years or have you simply, like another poster suggested "pulled the covers over your head? The reality is that 1 in 100 kids today is being diagnosed autistic. That's double in 5 years and trust me, 5 years ago wasn't the dark ages, they knew what constituted autism. "We can't..."? The hell we can't. We can and we will if we cannot reign in our rampant industrial sector. You might try and keep your children from facing the truth... good luck with that. I have a suspicion that if it gets bad enough they will hear the shouting outside louder than they will hear your denials from inside. You may call what you have "common sense" but the willing suspension of disbelief has never been defined as such. Good luck. You will need it.

H

Old 05-08-2010, 08:54 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Default Oil spill prompts Florida voters to oppose drilling

Gulf oil spill: Disaster in the Gulf has shifted the winds against drilling - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Fears of economic and environmental damage caused by the giant oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico have prompted Florida voters to turn sharply against offshore drilling.

Only 35 percent of Florida voters support drilling near the shores of their state, and 55 percent are now opposed, according to a Mason-Dixon poll released on Friday.

That's a dramatic reversal from August 2008, when 61 percent supported drilling in a similar poll.

Opposition is especially strong in southeast Florida, where only 25 percent support drilling and 60 percent oppose it.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:30 PM

80 posts, read 278,127 times
Default Who else thinks the oil rig in the Gulf might have been sabbotaged ?

It seems pretty strange that after not having a serious / major oil spill in about 40 years ( let alone a spill at an off shore rig ).... this happens just days after the President announces the OK for expanded off shore drilling...even though it was gonna happen anyway, he got some TV face time out of it....The rig had so many fail -safe systems to avoid the very accident that happened, the odds of all of them not working at the same time is similar to someone's odds of winning a Powerball jackpot....also pretty strange - the emergency warning sirens were silent.....
Environmental terrorist whacko's ????... What do you think really happened ???

Old 05-08-2010, 02:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Hate to ruin your fun so early in the thread but...

Ask the crew on the rig, they seem pretty certain that there wasn't anything other than a blow out.

"James: Well, the sheer volume and pressure of gas that hit all at once which was more than the safeties and controls we had in place could handle."

RIGZONE - Deepwater Horizon: A Firsthand Account

Not that facts will keep you folks back.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Always trying to blame Obama. It was an accident, plain and simple.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:42 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,403 times
I think more rigs spill than we think but was out at sea . Why drill so close to shore when it is safer to drill on shore ? Other countries would not drill so close . That said ...
YES I think some hater of something blew that rig , its just my best guess .

Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
It was The Incredible Mr. Limpet.

Either that or Obama got the Saudi's (who paid for his university) to hire a North Korean sub (the same one that brought him as a child from Kenya) to blow up a British Petroleum well because his Muslim background brought him in conflict with his British citizen birthright.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
The thought actually did cross my mind when it first happened, but that's what they have investigations for. I'll let the experts analyze the situation and let us know what happened. I sure hope it wasn't sabotage, especially with the damage it's doing to the environment.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:00 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
It was hippie frogmen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies