Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 12:14 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times

Advertisements

I am interested in what you think Of Maher's slamming of the POTUS over the oil spill? He also says he feels like the Tea Partiers in that he feels unrepresented by the current Administration.

YouTube - Real Time w/ Bill Maher ~ Mad at Obama,America and B.P. pt.1-2 4/30/10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 12:17 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
What Maher was talking about was that the President, a week before the explosion, gave a speech praising the safety record of these facilities.

Then, we have this happen.

I think the President was just selling the idea of more off shore drilling, and to be honest, the safety record is pretty good.

The problem is with oil, one mistake is usually a BIG mistake.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What Maher was talking about was that the President, a week before the explosion, gave a speech praising the safety record of these facilities.

Then, we have this happen.

I think the President was just selling the idea of more off shore drilling, and to be honest, the safety record is pretty good.

The problem is with oil, one mistake is usually a BIG mistake.
As my original post asks...what do you think about what Maher said about Obama and the feeling of being unrepresented?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 PM

470 posts, read 461,795 times
More leftist excuses. This is becoming sadly entertaining to watch.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:28 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
As my original post asks...what do you think about what Maher said about Obama and the feeling of being unrepresented?
When you put into context what he said, I agree with him.

The President was making a political statement, to try and further his own policy. Bad timing with this accident, but it raises serious concerns about the safety of 40 year old rigs.

No more rigs until safety concerns are meet.

But, I'm not a Maher lover. I think he has some interesting ideas, but I don't always agree with him.

Maher isn't trying to get people to lean one way or another, he simply speaks his mind.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:30 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
I haven't watched Maher much, because I didn't have HBO before, but now I have HBO because of The Pacific series, so I watched Maher last friday and I thought it was funny how he made that MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews eat his words. First Matthews was staring at Maher with his mouth open, and then he had to eat his words. It was something about Kennedy.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:31 PM

857 posts, read 2,001,845 times
I think it's great.
Quote:
More leftist excuses. This is becoming sadly entertaining to watch.
you wouldn't understand. In your beck/rush/hannity/coulter world - it's all groupthink. Dissent is not an option. hence - why all of the moderates are being purged from the right (and why the term RINO even exists).

So, i know you are probably incapable of understanding that it's ok to generally like someone without subscribing 100% to their ideology - and being able to express yourself when you disagree. But that's how liberals work. Take it for what it is...

Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
When you put into context what he said, I agree with him.

The President was making a political statement, to try and further his own policy. Bad timing with this accident, but it raises serious concerns about the safety of 40 year old rigs.

No more rigs until safety concerns are meet.

But, I'm not a Maher lover. I think he has some interesting ideas, but I don't always agree with him.

Maher isn't trying to get people to lean one way or another, he simply speaks his mind.
Thanks for the reply but, I am not sure why you would respond to a thread titled "For All Of The Maher Lovers" when you say you are not a Maher lover?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
I think it's great.

you wouldn't understand. In your beck/rush/hannity/coulter world - it's all groupthink. Dissent is not an option. hence - why all of the moderates are being purged from the right (and why the term RINO even exists).

So, i know you are probably incapable of understanding that it's ok to generally like someone without subscribing 100% to their ideology - and being able to express yourself when you disagree. But that's how liberals work. Take it for what it is...
In what way do you think it is great?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM

470 posts, read 461,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
I think it's great.

I completely understand. The left will make excuses for their people even if they are completely ridiculous. That right there is called GROUP THINK! Here's some group think for you: "Yes we Can!"

"So, i know you are probably incapable of understanding that it's ok to generally like someone without subscribing 100% to their ideology - and being able to express yourself when you disagree"

But if a conservative disagrees with a liberal they are racist, especially when it comes to the POTUS. Knowing what I just wrote is true, your post is utter nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies