Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:41 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times

Advertisements

If everyone drove a more fuel efficient vehicle we wouldn't need to drill everywhere off our coast. Thousands of people in the Gulf Coast will be out of work for years because of our addiction to oil. Perhaps many people

Do you people who needlessly and unapologetically drive gas guzzlers want to apologize to those people whose livelihoods your habits have helped eliminate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 04:48 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
If everyone drove a more fuel efficient vehicle we wouldn't need to drill everywhere off our coast. Thousands of people in the Gulf Coast will be out of work for years because of our addiction to oil. Perhaps many people

Do you people who needlessly and unapologetically drive gas guzzlers want to apologize to those people whose livelihoods your habits have helped eliminate?
I bet the keyboard you are typing this is on is made from plastic.

How Do We Use Petroleum? (http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Do-We-Use-Petroleum?&id=737152 - broken link)

If you happen to use anything mentioned in that article, I hope you have already started working on your apology.

Like plastic. Roads. Anything that comes in a truck that drives on a road. Um, and that electricity stuff. Your computer/electronic devices you use probably uses electricity. Unless you've found out how to make them run on rainbows and dreams.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

How Do We Use Petroleum? (http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Do-We-Use-Petroleum?&id=737152 - broken link)

If you happen to use anything mentioned in that article, I hope you have already started working on your apology.

Like plastic. Roads. Anything that comes in a truck that drives on a road. Um, and that electricity stuff. Your computer/electronic devices you use probably uses electricity. Unless you've found out how to make them run on rainbows and dreams.

You beat me on that. That just shows how simpleminded those treehuggers are.
Let them live in caves with no plastic and roads. And no cable TV!

Old 05-03-2010, 04:58 PM

170 posts, read 270,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFKONG View Post
Are you kidding, these idiots think burning 3 gallons a mile is KOOL, I think if people started to key or flaten tires of these HUMMERS and YUKONs they may start to think twice about owning one.

That will really make things better. We would just buy more tires that would increase the need for oil and repaint our vehicles which would add foreign particles into the air. Brilliant

Old 05-03-2010, 04:58 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,373 times
How about have the Federal Government apologize, they have the biggest fleet of cars, trucks and planes. Were you sent here from them to try to make us feel like it's all our fault? That would be part of their game plan. Blaming us would almost sound like it's in the play book they have been reading out of. PREDICTABLE!!!!!!!!

I am in no means downplaying the incident. My heart go's out to them on the coast. But I won't take the blame.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:59 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:

Damn!!! You beat me to it. Good post. We are a 100% petrochemical society - even our remarkable farm production is based on petroleum products.

And the nincompoops on the left wants us to apologize for SUVs.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
I think if people started to key or flaten tires of these HUMMERS and YUKONs they may start to think twice about owning one.
I guess terrorism is OK as long as it's supporting something you agree with.

I know people that have had their off-road rigs trashed by you eco-clowns. I've had someone key the door of my Jeep down to the bare metal over a disputed parking space - some woman set a real good example for her teenage daughter that day... Whatever. I got the door repainted the next day and it was no big deal.

Just so you know - you may cost us a few bucks with your childish nonsense, but if we catch you doing it, your best case scenario is going to be an arrest record. Less attractive scenarios don't involve the police. You better think long and hard about that before you key your next victim's car.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:02 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,588,653 times
Quote:
Are you kidding, these idiots think burning 3 gallons a mile is KOOL, I think if people started to key or flaten tires of these HUMMERS and YUKONs they may start to think twice about owning one.
Quote:

King Read his post and now you can Apologize!

Old 05-03-2010, 05:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post

Well you aren't exacly showing your intelligence. We will always need oil, and lots of it. I matters little what we drive. Are you riding a bicycle? Why not? If not, shut the pie hole.

How many times in history has a rig just myseriously "blown up"? Never. This is very suspicious. It isn't a reason to stop drilling.

You be the first to switch to a bicycle for transportation. Be a hero. Show us how much you care.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:05 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
I love tough guys that hide on the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies