Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 04:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
The progressive logic for everything.

Its based on envy and victimization.

Case and point.

Sure...

No envy or victimization in the OP's screed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 05:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
And to top it off,the companies were,and still are failing. There isn't even a difference because my taxes are going to both the ceo's salaries and the senators salaries,both of whom aren't performing well on the job.
You obviously havent read many stock reports over the last year because many corporations are seeing record profits due to lower overhead costs..

Old 05-05-2010, 06:09 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You obviously havent read many stock reports over the last year because many corporations are seeing record profits due to lower overhead costs..

With Obama in office, all economic news has to be bad news.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:18 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
They should have cut the salary to 150k, after all, isn't it an honor to be a Congressperson?
The number of AAs among those 15 is really strikingly high, they don't do AAs a favor by appearing so greedy. Then again, two thirds of those 39 AAs in Congress voted in favor of the freeze.

Last edited by Neuling; 05-05-2010 at 06:26 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 06:36 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Congresspersons are grossly underpaid. If you got the same compensation per unit of difficulty, challenge, and responsibility that they do, your annual salary would be like $4.60.
You forget their business accounts and office expenses which are not part of salary.
where did you get this 4.60 and hour or are you just backing up these greedy people with no evidence or proof

Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I get it!

A few black democrats seeking an increase to their $174K salary is unacceptable.

But a few thousand CEOs granting themselves 6-7 figure annual bonuses, well, that's just capitalism for you.

Let's all hate the black democrats.
CEO do not grant themselves salary increases, their board and share holders do

Old 05-05-2010, 06:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
CEO do not grant themselves salary increases, their board and share holders do

On the recommendation of the CEO.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
On the recommendation of the CEO.
Incorrect CEO will take what a board gives them or move on. A CEO can say if i do not get 7 million I will move on. The board then can decide if they like their CEO or want a change. Most CEO in these days will take what they get

Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
How exactly is my post "envious"? I don't envy these people for having to put up with what they do each and every day.

If you think I'm envious of their salary...sorry but I make 6 figures, not quite what they make but not too shabby.

Can't see where you think I'm envious at all.
You are not envious of the people making 174K, you are envious of the people making 7 figures.

Based on what you said, the basis of if their current salaries are acceptable should be gauged by holding the number up side by side with a CEO, a movie star, or a professional athelete.

Since we do we as a society guage our ability to sustain ourselves vs. the numbers others make?

We hear on this forum all the time from the left that the right are greedy, self serving, capitalists while the left sits here and says nearly 700 dollars a day isn't "fair" because a CEO makes 6 million.

When 700 dollars isn't "fair" because of some relative formula applied, thats envy. When you can't make 700 dollars a day and be satisfied because somebody else makes more, thats pure envy and dare I say greed.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,521 times
Quote:
You don't speak for the people on this forum, particularly not the intelligent ones. I don't meanwhile recall referring to any of these individuals or to their party affiliation. Congresspersons are grossly underpaid. Period. That applies to Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. The law as it exists calls for a Congressional pay increase to go into effect in 2011 unless Congress votes to refuse it. They voted to refuse it by 402-15. That isn't close. The 15 who voted to receive the raise knew that this was not going to happen. What is your issue?
Right. We all believe you.

Quote:
I ask fact and reason to drive my thinking. That's what I get paid for in the real world, and it of course spills over into the time I spend on C-D.
Apparently being humble isn't part of your everyday life.

Quote:
If I would appear partisan in my crticism here, it is because those arguments that fall catastrophically short of meeting the standards of fact and reason come overwhelmingly from right-wingers.
LOL. Man you are a trip. "I am right, my opinions are based on fact, and everybody else is wrong".

You say it here day in and day out.

Pure arrogance.

Quote:
Clean up your act, and you will have far less to fear from me. Keep spouting your low-grade garbage, and I will attack it where I see it. Have a really nice day.
And a snide little comment like a cherry on top to make you feel like you have earned that holier-than-thou mentality you spout off around here.

You are one of the most partisan people on this entire forum. Your quote below your name says it all. You despise even the thought that people with opposing viewpoints of yours may have just as much validity and logic that you presume are wrapped around your own opinions.

Your positions aren't based and fact and logic, they are based on what letter comes after the persons name and which ever way grows federal government into a big fat cat no better than greedy corporate CEOs.

Tell us Sag.... are you benefiting at all from this expanding central government and continued increase in taxation? Do you have a job with the federal government?

Things that make you go Hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies