Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hey, you were the one trying trying to justify their murders because they were commiting crimes. How is that NOT execution?

Just WHERE is the 'duty' of killing unarmed lawbreakers written in the law?
Murders?

Please inform us as to where the "murderers" spent time in prison for their actions at Kent State.

There were both criminal and civil trials, and America's court system worked. So much for your "murder" theory.

Rave on........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
New light shed on Kent State killings - Washington Times
Documents point to the fact that the riot and ROTC building being burned down were both organized and that the National Guard troops were fired on first before they returned fire on the protesting students.
You're kidding, right?

You really think that Hoover's FBI would have sat on this if they had thought it had any validity? You don't think they would have done everything they could to prove that the massacre was something else?

If the Moonies want to pump up the credibility of their house organ before it goes on the auction block I can't imagine this helps.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:42 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Fist of all, the spitting stuff has never been proven. There are threads around here on the topic.
Check it out before you say it was true.
Why were the VVAW (Vietnam Veterans against the war) protesting. Revisionist history doesn't make it so.
Stay out of your face, you don't want peace?
I hope you sign up for the wars now since they're such a good thing.
But thanks for the drivel from when you weren't even born.
Check it out? I was THERE for it gal! Standing right bloody there, Sacramento, August, 1970. Check out a thread before I look into my own memories? As I said, I was 6 years old. From when I wasn't even born you say? (sigh) Dad came home wearing his Tropic Whites, we met him at the gate, and ran into your buddies in the parking area outside the airport. I find my own eyes proof enough, and as to what YOU think, thanks for the drivel indeed. Staying out of my face, hmmm, well, I really don't like thinking about that day and whether I want 'peace' or not has nothing to do with it. Nobody wanted peace more than Mom , Sis and I back then. That is pure D fact. Our reasons for that desire may have differed from yours, but they were no less as strong.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
Murders?

Please inform us as to where the "murderers" spent time in prison for their actions at Kent State.

There were both criminal and civil trials, and America's court system worked. So much for your "murder" theory.

Rave on........

Two words: The first one is BULL followed by S**T

Make your alleged 'law and order' excuses all you want, the fact no one was convicted doesn't change the fact those kids were murdered.

Continure to excuse those crimes, it's not unexpected from you. You no doubt think possibly , maybe could be are all valid reasons to shoot first.

I notice your complete failure to answer the question: Just WHERE is the 'duty' of killing unarmed lawbreakers written in the law?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 AM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol111 View Post
What about the arson, breaking windows, looting, and resistance to restored order? Should the firemen, police, and guardsmen just set up a perimenter and let them burn the campus?

This nation has rule of law,...and that includes respect for its enforcement. The "black day in American history" could have been avoided had a little common sense been used on both sides.

Apparently you think that this was a one-sided event. You lack objectivity. Your mind is made up,...so there is no need to confuse you with facts.
Look, if you want to cite facts .. sight ALL of them, and not pick and choose. As history will now testify, the Vietnam war was based on a lie ... "the Gulf of Tonkin" incident that was used to justify the escalation of an illegal and undeclared war was a total fabrication. That, coupled with a failure of congress to declare war made the war itself a violation of the constitution (LAW).

Now, combine that with the use of force by the government to "kidnap" citizens and force them to fight in that illegal war in which over 50,000 Americans died, and another million or more Vietnamese .. and you have a crime of epic proportions, which I think exceeds that of breaking windows and burning cars.

These crimes of government are that which led to the justified protests by those who you claim were "breaking the law".

But even now, after all is said and done .. and enough facts have been exposed to shed light on the matter ... there are those who would continue to justify the unjustifiable.

This gives additional support to the saying "Those that learn nothing from history are destined to repeat it", as well as the quote "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
I just read this whole thread through and it brought a pit to my stomach and bad memories of an era in our history that shaped all of us who lived through it. We'd all like to think that the lessons of history will keep us from repeating the mistakes of the past, but it doesn't seem to work out that way, does it.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-05-2010 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Two words: The first one is BULL followed by S**T

Make your alleged 'law and order' excuses all you want, the fact no one was convicted doesn't change the fact those kids were murdered.

Continure to excuse those crimes, it's not unexpected from you. You no doubt think possibly , maybe could be are all valid reasons to shoot first.

I notice your complete failure to answer the question: Just WHERE is the 'duty' of killing unarmed lawbreakers written in the law?
The charges brought were summarily dismissed,....BOTH CRIMINAL AND CIVIL. Your claim of "murder" was tossed by the courts.

Your question about duty is not worthy of an answer, but I'll give one anyway. State and local governmental entities had issued orders banning protests and issued orders of dispersal that were within their jurisdiction. It was only after days of breaking windows, looting, attacks on police and firemen, and the burning of a building on campus that the National Guard was called to the campus to restore order. There is the "duty" assigned to the guardsmen at the request of local governmental entities.

Unfortunately, lawbreakers sometime suffer the consequences of their actions. Had the protesters followed the law, the killings would not have occurred.

You make it sound like the guardsmen, just "figured it was a good day to kill someone". The guardsmen weren't just walking by and saw a commotion, but were sent to quell a riot situation.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Look, if you want to cite facts .. sight ALL of them, and not pick and choose. As history will now testify, the Vietnam war was based on a lie ... "the Gulf of Tonkin" incident that was used to justify the escalation of an illegal and undeclared war was a total fabrication. That, coupled with a failure of congress to declare war made the war itself a violation of the constitution (LAW).

Now, combine that with the use of force by the government to "kidnap" citizens and force them to fight in that illegal war in which over 50,000 Americans died, and another million or more Vietnamese .. and you have a crime of epic proportions, which I think exceeds that of breaking windows and burning cars.

These crimes of government are that which led to the justified protests by those who you claim were "breaking the law".

But even now, after all is said and done .. and enough facts have been exposed to shed light on the matter ... there are those who would continue to justify the unjustifiable.

This gives additional support to the saying "Those that learn nothing from history are destined to repeat it", as well as the quote "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

This thread is not about the Vietnam War. It concerns riots, civil disobedience, and restoration of order at a state university in Kent, Ohio. Feel free to start a thread about Vietnam if you wish.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with the Vietnam War is really immaterial.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
New light shed on Kent State killings - Washington Times
Documents point to the fact that the riot and ROTC building being burned down were both organized and that the National Guard troops were fired on first before they returned fire on the protesting students.
Where do the moonies get their evidence that the students were armed? This is the evidence hidden from the public for 40 years:

Among the strongest was a pre-dawn conversation — never before reported — between two unnamed men overheard inside a campus lounge later that night. Their discussion was witnessed by the girlfriend of a Kent State student and conveyed up the FBI chain of command 15 days later.

So two unnamed men overheard a conversation in a "campus lounge", ie a bar, which was also overheard by the girlfriend a of Kent State student and conveyed to the FBI over two weeks later. Um, hm! The rest of the article does not support the contention that the students were armed with firearms.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Check it out? I was THERE for it gal! Standing right bloody there, Sacramento, August, 1970. Check out a thread before I look into my own memories? As I said, I was 6 years old. From when I wasn't even born you say? (sigh) Dad came home wearing his Tropic Whites, we met him at the gate, and ran into your buddies in the parking area outside the airport. I find my own eyes proof enough, and as to what YOU think, thanks for the drivel indeed. Staying out of my face, hmmm, well, I really don't like thinking about that day and whether I want 'peace' or not has nothing to do with it. Nobody wanted peace more than Mom , Sis and I back then. That is pure D fact. Our reasons for that desire may have differed from yours, but they were no less as strong.
My buddies?
And I'm going to believe a 6-year old's memory 40 years later, not much.

So you were there at Kent?
Was your father part of the VVAW (Vietnam Veterans Against the War)?
There were a lot of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies