Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
So, yes, there is a need for a specific black agenda that addresses historical disparities and future opportunities.
Evidently, you think so. Just a few tiny little problems...

1. Assuming there's even such a thing as a black agenda, who else is going to support it in order to move it along? Because without some kind of support--that is to say, support outside the black caucuses, it goes nowhere.

2. "Historical disparities?" So you think it's OK to dredge up the past because it happens to suit this so-called black agenda? And has it occurred to you that any other groups who might consider themselves aggrieved could use the same strategy, which would take the glare of publicity away.

3. When all is said and done, aren't you really just asking for separation? Because that's been tried before. It was called apartheid (look it up: separation of the races) and it didn't work all that well.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
hey Calipoppy, don't tell nobody, but I wasn't there either. I know its a written mandate somewhere, but I had to do laundry that day. So don't tell nobody I wasn't there, I just got my "black card" back.
No worries. Your secret is safe with me.

I'm only planning to report the OP to "The Organization" and you know what happens to those "uppity negroes" when they are found to have violated the bylaws.

That's when the Panel - otherwise known as Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Suge Knight, Eminem and Paul Wall (the last two are honorary members or converts, how ever you want to see it) get together with "The Enforcer" (aka Oprah) and decide the fate of the traitor who exposed the "Black Agenda"

Old 05-04-2010, 05:17 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No worries. Your secret is safe with me.

I'm only planning to report the OP to "The Organization" and you know what happens to those "uppity negroes" when they are found to have violated the bylaws.

That's when the Panel - otherwise known as Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Suge Knight, Eminem and Paul Wall (the last two are honorary members or converts, how ever you want to see it) get together with "The Enforcer" (aka Oprah) and decide the fate of the traitor who exposed the "Black Agenda"

I know, thats why i'm only now getting my "black card" back. Eminem was the swing vote.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 AM

30 posts, read 16,890 times
Quote:
What is a black agenda?
Many black ministers use the term agenda to unite black people in their quest for equality. .I believe it is a term used to get them all on the same page. Which is fine if it is used appropriately. Such as educating blacks about the downfall of gang memberships.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:21 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
hey Calipoppy, don't tell nobody, but I wasn't there either. I know its a written mandate somewhere, but I had to do laundry that day. So don't tell nobody I wasn't there, I just got my "black card" back.
Don't worry black. I was late...as usual.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Where there is smoke there is fire. Historically, in a society that has always demonstrated inertia towards black progress; the best leaders for blacks are the ones who are most resisted and disliked by whites. Not to worry though, decades after their death whites will come to appreciate their worth and will even quote them. However, while they are alive, they will be vilified and attacked.

-The speaker of truth makes few friends.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:05 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Isn't the agenda for all groups equality?
Equal pay for equal work?
How are they not equal?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 PM

305 posts, read 805,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Blacks need a business agenda more than anything else.

If unemployment is such a big problem for Blacks especially for Black males then more Blacks should start businesses especially in Black areas.
Lots of Blacks huh?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
The "black agenda" has virtually disintegrated in many ways due to increasing class difference in the black population and the sense among many that "race doesn't matter". though it obviously does, to a certain extent.

The problem is that trying to define the black agenda typically entails people stepping into a leadership agenda which then allows them to dictate that agenda to their "constituency" rather than actually listening to them, see Jesse Jackson's self-aggrandizing Presidential campaign and the mayoral failures of people like Kilpatrick, Berry, and others.

Race is still a factor in American social life, but when it's the sole basis for the community, it often dissolves into a shallow "I'm right because I'm black(est)" game of follow the leader.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
ditto the "what is the balck agenda" question.

are we really a monolith? i dont know how you can put some agenda together like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies