Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
There is an unusual rate of closet homos within the vocal anti-gay christians.

I'm starting to wonder, from a purely psychological point of view, if forbidding something, resisting and fighting it doesn't make you envy it eventually. It's kinda like a restrictive diet. If you put too much effort on not eating something, it's proven that you will eventually give up and eat it a lot more than you would normally.

These people spend so much time thinking about sexual orientation, that it just might make them wanna try it. Maybe they should stop thinking about what people do in their bedrooms and focus on something that won't lead them to envy ****.

I know a whole lot of gay people, some who I am friends with, and when I talk to them, I don't think about their sexual orientation at all. I don't picture them in beds with other dudes. I'm sure if I kept thinking about their sex lives constantly I would start having fantasies. I'm convinced that as men, with our libido, we can get turned on by almost anything if we think about it long enough.

Anyway, I think it would just be better both for gays and for these anti-gay people if we would just stop caring about sexual orientation.
They spend time on it, because of what they are "selling".
Whether they are gay or not, really has nothing to do with it, because they are "selling redemption". They'll just come back again, "for I have sinned....
another issue, another time, blah, blah, blah", thus the cycle of organized religion. The Emperor will have New clothes...

Now if I could just market something you could get for free, and get others to pay for it, I could get rich.......
no - I'd probably go to jail for fraud

Profiting by saying one thing, doing another, and trying to ruin countless lives in between. Every one
knows God has nothing to do with THAT - just the almighty dollar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then the poster needs to keep her beliefs to herself and not talk to me about her god thing and my afterlife.

Fair is fair.

If fair is fair maybe we can all be spared the homosexual propaganda and the anti-God thing. We would all be better off if they kept their beliefs to themselves.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Good point. Bruno was a comedy movie character not a real life gay character. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
What the heck is a militant gay and what are they putting "in your face"

Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Instead of believing that they're hypocrites, look at their vehement denial as a symptom of the sickness that is homosexuality. They know it's sick, they feel shame about it, they want everyone to believe they're not gay because the people they want to impress the most are straight.

Sounds like what gays do today with the gay marriage thing.

What gays want the most is acceptance from straight people, and they want straight people not to think they're damaged goods, and see them as being as normal as straight people are.

Very true. Who would know best the evils of drug addiction, than a drug addict? Who would know better the evils of alcoholism than an alcoholic? Who would know better the evils of homosexuality, than a homosexual? All are victims of a mental sickness.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM

No. You are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Very true. Who would know best the evils of drug addiction, than a drug addict? Who would know better the evils of alcoholism than an alcoholic? Who would know better the evils of homosexuality, than a homosexual? All are victims of a mental sickness.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,127 times
Quote:
What evils of homosexuality??? I've never encountered any. Please enlighten me....

Old 05-05-2010, 02:30 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
There is nothing evil about homosexuality, and it is not a mental sickness.

People like you help keep the "gay agenda" alive...and no, I'm not talking about he gay agenda that you so often refer to.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:44 PM

191 posts, read 143,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I agree. As a straight person I never think about homosexuality, unless it's up for discussion. To become an outspoken critic of it is usually more about someone dealing with their own personal fears and guilts.

Exactly. Same goes for anyone that's quick to call someone else a racist. Those people always have issues with race themselves.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:52 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I just assume anyone who promotes anti-gay stuff is gay themselves. It saves a lot of time.
Me too. It never surprises me anymore to hear that a right-wing Christian is also homosexual. I figure the two go hand-in-hand. So to speak.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 PM

I didn't see anything evil in this gay pride parade video:

YouTube - Pride New York City 2009 Part 1

Quote:
Who would know better the evils of homosexuality, than a homosexual? All are victims of a mental sickness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies