Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,131,087 times

Advertisements

Talk about flip flops.....

It was on the table.
AZ passed their new bill.
It was off the table.
Obama talks to Hispanics at a Cinco de Mayo celebration at the WH.
It's back on the table.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Obama: Begin work this year on immigration reform - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100506/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_immigration - broken link)

" President Barack Obama said Wednesday he wants to begin work this year on legislation overhauling the nation's immigration system, firming up his commitment on a key priority for Latino voters and lawmakers."

But only last week...4/30 he took it off the agenda.
Obama Takes Immigration Reform Off Agenda - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/29/ap/preswho/main6445233.shtml - broken link)

"Immigration reform has become the first of President Barack Obama's major priorities dropped from the agenda of an election-year Congress facing voter disillusionment. Sounding the death knell was Obama himself.

The president noted that lawmakers may lack the "appetite" to take on immigration while many of them are up for re-election and while another big legislative issue - climate change - is already on their plate.

"I don't want us to do something just for the sake of politics that doesn't solve the problem," Obama told reporters Wednesday night aboard Air Force One."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,246,338 times
He is a very confused and mixed up man.

This has just been too much for him to handle.

I doubt he knows what day it is because over the last week he seems to be really looking tired from all the stress.

It is sad to see someone struggle with his everyday job like this man has.

The lack of experience and decision making skills really effect his performance for sure.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,413,617 times
He promised to tackle this problem as soon as he got in the WH. He is just uneasy about being caught with his pants down. He has been too busy cramming his health care policy down our throats and not keeping his eye on the ball. Now the problem has come to a head and it didn't need to.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 PM

The way I see it is that everytime he gets in front of an Hispanic audience, it's on the table and top priority. Then he waffles and it's not top priority; may not even move this year.

He's in campaign mode only the campaign is over now and the press is not so forgiving as they were 2 years ago.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,854,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The way I see it is that everytime he gets in front of an Hispanic audience, it's on the table and top priority. Then he waffles and it's not top priority; may not even move this year.

He's in campaign mode only the campaign is over now and the press is not so forgiving as they were 2 years ago.
Absolutely correct.Obama IS the Great Hispanderer.,Let him go at it. Even more people will be sick of this Joke we have as a President.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,788,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"I don't want us to do something just for the sake of politics that doesn't solve the problem," Obama told reporters Wednesday night aboard Air Force One."
LOL, can you say health care bill.....

Old 05-05-2010, 11:07 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,924,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

I doubt he knows what day it is because over the last week he seems to be really looking tired from all the stress.

It is sad to see someone struggle with his everyday job like this man has.

The lack of experience and decision making skills really effect his performance for sure.
He is a brave, intellligent man who tackles many difficult items that the previous President would have never done. I think that he's bowing to political pressure on this one. No different than Bush calling for a Const Amendment to ban gay marriage to appease the bigots but not going through with it b/c he was a sensible guy at times.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:09 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,094,098 times
the same people that brought 20 million illegals here and gave them medical and welfare want you to keep them here and bring in some more.
20 million just since last amnesty. our federal government refused to enforce the law.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,710,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

:
Only to the ill-informed. Immigration reform was one of three bills that republicans want to postpone (link) at least until the elections. And as I mentioned in a post ten days ago. They realize that revealing what they want wouldn't allow pandering to the people and may work against their interest that is election.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Only to the ill-informed. Immigration reform was one of three bills that republicans want to postpone (link) at least until the elections. And as I mentioned in a post ten days ago. They realize that revealing what they want wouldn't allow pandering to the people and may work against their interest that is election.
If you read my links, both say "Obama", not Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies